Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Selling my Wayne 1 Chrome top pump for $1300. Very nice restored pump. Guts removed. Stainless in excellent shape. Professionally painted. My research shows this an excellent price for one of these pumps. Pump is complete with nozzle and hose. Pick up pump in San Angelo, TX or I can travel a radius of 100 miles to meet you (after you pay for it). Will accept your personal check. When check clears, you get your pump. I don't believe you can buy one of these pumps and restore it for much less than $1300. PM if interested or call 325-212-0293 after 4:30 my time.

Bowser 575 and Wayne 1.JPG
Wayne 1

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

OP Offline
Ok, or best offer.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW, a Wayne 1, didn't know they existed. But I just looked it up in Sims book and there it is. Just bought a Gulf Southwest one recently are they about the same ??? the gulf southwest is 52"high and 16" wide, (minus the nozzle stuff which makes it 19 wide) did they use any special nozzle i need one. thanks

OP Offline
Yes, they are "about" the same. Gulf contracted with several companies to make their specific pump. Of course there was Wayne and Southwest. There was also another brand, but that maker eludes me right now. I'm not aware of any special nozzle. Frankly, I'm not that much of a "purist" to lose too much sleep over that. I'm perfectly satisfied in knowing that, one way or another, I'm saving a piece of history the best way I know how...and I like to have fun doing it. I'll make you a deal if you want this pump. I'll be selling more pumps in weeks to come. I'm working on my last restoration, then I'm calling it quits. This hobby is just getting out of hand financially. Not only are the original parts outrageously priced, but so are the repops. Crazy...and some people wonder where this hobby is going?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the offer but I have the Southwest and thinking one is enough. was the other brand a Erie 58 there's one forsale this week on OG ?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Correction, Erie 158 according to Sims book. although it's not exactly like the Wayne or the Southwest. I would luv to see more photos of your gas pump though. does it have a site glass? or the rippled stainless steel on the side ?
p.s. don't give up on the hobby

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Erie 129 and 129Bs were also GOC pumps. Here is my 129B with a stainless steel top. I'll be restoring it to a Gulf No Nox pump.

OP Offline
dalin,

I think Bennet made a Gulf pump too. No, my pump doesn't have a site glass/flow meter, but does have rippled stainless sides. I don't think any variation of this style pump had a flow meter, but could be wrong. Everything is priced out of reach now. I'm not willing to go completely insane. I read too much "Dave Ramsey." LOL The hobby is ruined. Unfortunately, I got hooked on this stuff and it will be sad to let it all go. I'll PM more pics to you when I get a little time.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
yes the Bennet 748/749(twin) My brother picked up my Southwest from mr. Hodge in Denver, today. can't wait to see it. Hope it doesn't fall out of his truck, ha. you mean restoring pumps are getting priced out of reach? like me putting a bowser 585 together? 600 for the pump 500 globe $1000 bodyshop, plus don't know how much yet to have it rechromed +, + glass + new trim +++++, + signs, maybe your right. your wayne 1 for 1300 restored is a steal. I'm going to try to put a wayne 305 together for under 2k. I do all the work myself except bodywork and painting. looking forward to your photos

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Badmotorfinger, nice pump, kind of has a art deco look to it

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I don't know if I'm right or not but I have several Eire 129's and 129B's. My 129's have the stainless top that bolts down using tabs on the top that are accessed from under the pumps upper casting. The 129's have a steel top that bolts down through the top. I believe the 129B may not have come with a globe top. The 129B also has the internal site glass while the 129 has a vsigauge as shown in Jack's books.

It's possible you have a 129 top on a 129B. Is the stainless top bolted on or just set on the pump. I believe there are many variations as the manufacture and/or owner swaped parts to get a complete pump.

Again, I may not be right, just trying to help and let you know what I see in the 17 129/129B's I got out of a bulk plant.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I like the Deco look of this pump as well and it probably dates to 1938.
The stainless top is bolted to tabs on the inside of the globe mount but I dont think it ever had a globe as it has a cap. The tag does say 129B but does not say GOC. Did all GOC pumps have that designation on the ID plate?
Aside from the brush on paint job I think this pump is original but have seen other 129Bs with the stainless trim on the sides and trim around the sight glass. I think these may have been options this pump did not have.
Others have called this top into question so it is a mystery so far.

OP Offline
Ok, dropping the price to $1100 on the Gulf pump. Anybody want it? Stan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved