Print Thread
#26885 Thu Jun 16 2005 02:56 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Everybody,

Just got back from my CO vacation. Had to go to Denver to attend my aunt and uncle 50th Wedding anniversery. Anyway onn the way home I decided to cruise the back roads looking for another pump to purchase right off the farm. I arrived in this one town (wont mention any names) and talked to some to the local town folk to see about locating some pumps. Everybody mentioned this guy in a neiboring town who had a bunch of pumps and signs. However the guy just went to the "Big House" or as you guys on the east coast would say "Up the River" for making and dealing Meth. But supposedly the guys mother was suppose to live at the house and maybe she would sell a pump or two. Supposedly all the locals think he wont be getting out in 10 years because of health reasons due to the process of making meth, not sure what that has to do with anything and dont want to know either. So I went to the place and mom was not home. So I had another lead on a Case IH eagle sitting on the world and found another pump sitting on a farm. I talk to the gent and his wife and daughter for about 2 hours. He mentioned this place and he told me more info. He said this guy was soooo wacked out that he would drive around town with an unloaded pistol and pretend to shoot people from the window of his truck. He also said that his partner in crime was watching the house and that his mom lived somewhere else. He also said that most of the pumps were stolen along with a whole shed of motorcycle parts ie old harley and indian parts. The police couldnt take any of the pumps, signs, and motor cycle parts because there was not proof that they were stolen. Moral of this story...right down model #s and serial #s on your pumps plus put another # somewhere only you know ho to id your pump so thieves dont get away with your jewel.

Needless to say I found alot of interesting stuff and met alot of very nice folks on the way home but didnt get anything bought yet. Hopefully I get some calls on some of the stuff I found.

Easy Butler

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#26886 Thu Jun 16 2005 08:03 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Easy, I know exactly who you are talking about and the sheriff is trying to seize the property anyway to pay for the restitution the guy owes. I am waiting for that auction!

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
#26887 Thu Jun 16 2005 08:56 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Let us all know when that one is Sounds like a good one to go to

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#26888 Fri Jun 17 2005 06:37 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Scott,

Just tell me when the sale is and that way we can get better deal on the pumps and signs. LOL, probably I wont be able to go since I have to give a month notice on my vacation. Maybe you could sell me one of the pumps.

Here I thought I had a lead on something great and now the boys from CO already know about it. LOL

Easy

#26889 Fri Jun 17 2005 07:45 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
So whats wrong with me driving around town with my pistol????

Disregard. I shouldn't even be joking about that one!!!!

Hey Scott, I never heard such a thing. Thats not out here is it?

#26890 Sun Jun 19 2005 12:33 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
You guys can have any of those pumps!If you havent noticed most drug offenders dont stay at the BIG HOUSE for more than a couple of years and I would say this guy may be ****** off a little when he gets home and his items are gone.Its not to hard to track down pumps,just a little time.I wouldnt go by someone elses comments about it all being stolen either,usually when people get caught with drugs then aotumatically everything is stolen.Just my 2 cents,to many other pumps with no headaches for a little more.

#26891 Sun Jun 19 2005 11:18 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I call it "Pumps with Baggage"

If they get sold at public sale, buy them and repaint them..Keep your receipt.

When I bought my Wayne 100, the guy says dont tell my wife, she will want more and the money!!.. Now the guy has passed on, so has the pump so he wont ever miss it..

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved