Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#322445 Sun Apr 29 2012 06:24 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Move this from Nicole's thread "Tailgate up or down".

In my 28 years of driving a semi, I have lost track of all the people I have seen get a ticket for tailgating my semi. (or at least pulled over by police). Startles me sometimes when people are so close I can't see them in my rear view mirrors and I see red and blue lights behind me thinking I am being pulled over and THEN a car comes out from behind me.

Something most don't realize. I drive an 80,000 lb. vehicle when fully loaded. I need a long distance to stop as opposed to a car.
BUT... When empty, I have the same braking system that handles that 80,000 lbs and in a panic stop would put a tailgater under the rear end of my trailer.

Last edited by Gaspedler; Sun Apr 29 2012 07:14 AM.
Gaspedler #322717 Mon Apr 30 2012 06:15 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I don't drive a tractor trailer I have pulled 20ft. enclosed trailer cross country a lot. What you didn't mention is the dummy on motorcycle,during rain or cold weather that will do the same. They have to suck up really close to get out of your tail wind. I agree without the ability to see what is ahead of you they are really asking for it.I try to treat drivers with respect knowing you don't stop on a dime, try not to stick you in slow lane up hill, blinking lights when you need back over,etc.I can run 80 mile a hour up hill if I want to ,and find it somewhat funny how people will go out of their way not to let me over.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved