Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I know that this topic has been talked about here before, but I don't know how to find past topics in the history.
I need to ship a pallet full of gas related and old car parts from Michigan (Grand Rapids) to my home here in Oregon (Near Portland). When you guys who have done this before ship a pallet of stuff, have you been able to build a crate(box) like structure with 4 plywood sides attached to the pallet on the outside of the pallet and to each other?? What sizes of pallets can be used??
What are the size restrictions and the weight restrictions if anybody knows ?? What are some of the names and phone numbers of the companies in the Mid-West who could do this for me at a reasonable price??
Any information would be appreciated and helpful.
Thanks, Bill

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Have seen the YouTube video s of how UPS drivers handle stuff! Better use FedEx, well maybe NOT them either!
Haven't heard how Greyhound drivers handle stuff.
LOL

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
uship.com the guys there will hall anything. They stop here all the time.
Here is one of them you can call, Daminan at 773-934-1341

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
It's been a while, but I used Forward Air for shipping pallet-ized stuff (MUST be pallet-ized) and have had very good luck at very good prices.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've used freightquote.com a couple of times. I can tell you it will cost an extra $50 or more on each end if a liftgate truck is needed, so its handy to have a friend with a business with a dock or forklift. It's also extra for a residential address.

Wanted: Nebraska advertising items Cushman, Dempster, Archer oil etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've used YRC Freight and Forward Air. Both are excellent. Forward Air ships from terminal to terminal and are usually located close to larger airports.

No forklift charges if you pick up your item from the shipping companies terminal versus home delivery.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I've had good luck with ForwardAir and greyhound. Only prob with FA is they won't take cash or check if you're the shipper---I had to drive to the nearest convenience store and buy a money order to pay the freight bill.
Also had good luck with Conway trucking company--they hauled the rear 8 inches cut off of a Suburban body,plus the hatch and tailgate, strapped to a pallet from CA to TN for something stupid like $165! The Conway semi pulled in my lot, and I backed my shop truck up to the semi trailer, and we slid the pallet on to the truck. No lift gate, no fees, no problems

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Ive had great luck with freightquote.com...They utilize all the shipping companies and have excellent prices...
I shipped an OK used car sign the size of a crate for 200 bucks!
Good Luck!

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Southeastern freight just brought me a gulf dealer from N.C. to odessa TX in a home made crate for 128.00

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've also heard good things about shipping from one Fastenal store to another Fastenal store.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
can you please provide more info on the fastenal shipping? do they haul others freight on their company trucks from store to store or?? how do you make contacts on this -the local store?
thanks

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Freightquote.com is who I use. Business to business is cheap or pickup at nearest terminal is even cheaper. They search all the trucking companies out their for you. And sometimes you can complain about the price and save 10-20 bucks LOL. Thats what I did for cosdencop and saved 12 bucks for him on shipping. With this economy every dollar counts!

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Perdue31
Freightquote.com is who I use. Business to business is cheap or pickup at nearest terminal is even cheaper. They search all the trucking companies out their for you. And sometimes you can complain about the price and save 10-20 bucks LOL. Thats what I did for cosdencop and saved 12 bucks for him on shipping. With this economy every dollar counts!

Did you get charged the 50.00 extra for no lift gate like was mentioned earlier in the other post?

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Signs&Neons
can you please provide more info on the fastenal shipping? do they haul others freight on their company trucks from store to store or?? how do you make contacts on this -the local store?
thanks

You'll need to ask at your local store , I've know they ship on their own trucks. It may take a week longer than a regular freight company, but if you save a few bucks its worth it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved