Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think our country's demographics are to diverse to completeley do away with some of those items. Rural areas will aleays need phones and postal service.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: bruzer75
I'm going into the business of "portable" phone booths. What do ya'll think? Any investors out there?
Mike

Mike, I prefer the Fullsize working units.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
When I had my alum booth,one day a girl stopped in a knocked on the door,and asked me if this was the little store? I said " no it's my house" she said " oh,well,with the phone booth and the gas pumps(visibles mind you) she thought it was the store,and wanted to buy some more beer! I told her it was across the street!lol

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
so I'm not entitled to tell ya yur full of it!

huh!

lighten up Nicole....maybe I'm joking a little too!

Online Cool
I crossed over into a new technology yesterday. I deposited a check in my bank by using my smart phone and an app from the bank. Just took a pic of each side of the check, typed in the amount and clicked to submit. Got an email a little later to say it has been processed and is in my account. With direct deposit and paying bills by computer, I have eliminated 90% of my trips to the bank and post office. Hardly use any stamps or checks like the old days.

Many stores and businesses scan checks for deposit and don't actually send the checks to the bank.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am still looking for a phone booth to go in my basement I hope they don't all disappear.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
No more checkout cashiers either. Go to Home Depot or Walmart and its all self checkout, which are a nuisance. Makes me want to just throw the stuff on the floor and walk out.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
How about all the billboards going to digital screens ,they change every day and no one has to go out and replace the sign.was not that many years ago they were painting them or glueing on paper

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Alot of places around here will not even take a check anymore. I dont see checks going away anytime soon, I get them from insurance companies pretty much every day for collision work.

But than again, who knows. There are many things in the future that will happen that I wish I could know now.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bud Miley
No more checkout cashiers either. Go to Home Depot or Walmart and its all self checkout, which are a nuisance. Makes me want to just throw the stuff on the floor and walk out.

To save money on employee benefits, they are forcing us to use self checkout. BUT it has been proven that there more theft of products which results in raising prices.
There is no discount given for using self checkout so Save an employees job & use a Checker.

Just a matter of time till Florida & NYC will be DIKED in like New Ar-lenes!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun
Alot of places around here will not even take a check anymore. I dont see checks going away anytime soon, I get them from insurance companies pretty much every day for collision work.

But than again, who knows. There are many things in the future that will happen that I wish I could know now.

They might start using the direct deposit theme???

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved