Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#343873 Tue Jul 24 2012 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just saw this on another forum that I frequent. Not only is the author, a friend of mine, but so is his son...

*(She's)* home (well I guess "home" is relative since where her mother lives is also home for her). Her mother got her in for some counseling right away Friday and she says that did help. But she is still having nightmares and flashbacks. Well, I guess!

*(She)* and her friends (ranging in age from about 13 to 17) were sitting in the fourth row and most of the victims were in the first three rows. So they were that close. They weren't far from the door and she saw the guy come in; thought at first it was part of the show -- she has been to opening nights before and says they often do extra stuff with people in costumes etc. She said when he tossed the first canister and it exploded she realized that something wasn't right and ducked down behind the seat as she was told to do in some safety class she took -- apparently on the assumption that people who do things like that tend to aim high. When the guy started shooting, her 12 year old half-brother took off running for the exit which was nearby, and she took off after him and apparently the others in the row took off with her. She realizes now that that was the best thing they could have done because the guy was shooting right into those seats.

She went to the 5pm Youth Mass at our Parish yesterday afternoon and sang with the choir as she usually does. Our Parish had one 18 year old killed and one 15 year old seriously injured -- I think he is still in the hospital. So it was a somber Mass. Media was all over the church yesterday morning: all the American TV plus Canadian, BBC, French, and I don't know where-all. Fortunately, by 5pm they were all gone -- probably at the outdoor candlelight vigil over by the theater, just a couple of miles from Church -- so the kids had some privacy.

*Her* BFF ********, who was at the theater with her, went to the Youth Mass with her yesterday afternoon, then slept over last night. It was good for both of them. ****** is always a welcome guest here; when she knows she is expected she just walks right in and calls out "Hey everybody, I'm home." ******'s brother was also there (at the theater) and took some shrapnel in the leg from one of the teargas canisters, but it was minor.

*My Son* took the day off work today to spend some quality time with ******. He took her to a Build-A-Bear store at a different mall today, and she built a bear that say's "I Love You" and named it Veronica for the 6 year old victim.

Update: ****** and ****** went to a movie at the Harkins this morning. Don't know what movie, but I think that's a good thing. Yesterday, ****** was talking about finishing out the Batman, but *my Granddaughter* said she didn't care if she never saw it. So, we will see.

I've edited the names, in respect for their privacy. I will be seeing the Father this weekend, and the Grandfather in a few weeks, I'm sure. Now here's my thought...

Hug the ones you love.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Thunder II #344230 Fri Jul 27 2012 05:46 AM
What a nightmare. Thanks for sharing that with us. Our prayers go out for the victims and their families and friends.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #344293 Fri Jul 27 2012 01:23 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree Jim. Many many prayers out to all of those affected!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #344391 Fri Jul 27 2012 11:50 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One of my favorite restaurants is in the same parking lot as that theater. Shirley and I used to go to the other theater at that mall but not that one. Shirley (my lady) lived not to far from there in Aurora until she went to the assisted living home. Mitch

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved