Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#31057 Sun Jul 22 2007 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
most of us know what i am talking about & i'd rather not get into any specifics & i 'm not attacking either party involved here

however after seeing all the posts from many different people, is what Roger did right or wrong ? .......guilty or not guilty ? .......very easy 1 or 2 word answer......i am sure he did some things right & some things wrong, however what is the bottom line ?...i am sure he would like to know what you think, but he got the size 16 triple E & can't post for himself....

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#31058 Sun Jul 22 2007 05:57 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Right or Wrong, it doesn't really matter, does it ? What matters is Roger is asset to Oldgas and I'd like to see him back here.

The question rather than what you think about being right or wrong, should be how do we get Roger back posting !!!

BlackT

I forgot to add that, Roger snores something terrible, but it's hard on ya that first night.

[This message has been edited by blackteetexacogold (edited 07-22-2007).]

#31059 Sun Jul 22 2007 06:19 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I think the general consensus, understood by all here, is to not start harping on an individual.

Let's not try to 'get something going' here we're all tired of that stuff let's stick w/ petroliana.

#31060 Sun Jul 22 2007 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think a vote like this is completely out of place here on old gas-another post that discourages new posters- thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#31061 Sun Jul 22 2007 06:43 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
To start this, as a topic, is a prime example as to why I, and other old timers I would presume, used to be active and participating member of OldGas.

------------------
Frank

Frank
#31062 Sun Jul 22 2007 06:43 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Roadrelics,
Do you ever have a good day? You find fault in everyone and everything. While in Iowa could we go to the river as I am sure you must walk on water.
There is much more to this sight than arguing among three or four people.
Ron Bettin, I miss you on here, Butch you and Tom hardly come on here.
Man, why don't you spend the day watching Judge Judy instead of complaining on here.Want to compare collections?

#31063 Sun Jul 22 2007 06:46 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I agree with Black T, Roger is an REAL asset to old gas! I think the wrong guy got the boot this is a TOTALLY inappropriate question and just another way to start more trouble. Now I know why we have lost so many good contributing members including myself because of this exact thing. When I talk to past members and ask them why they do not post any longer this is the reason they gave me. To much of an old hen sewing circle and not a petroliana site. Daryl you have been involved in ALL of the problems this last week give it a rest and find something constructive to do with you time.

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman (edited 07-22-2007).]

#31064 Sun Jul 22 2007 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
well there are a couple of nice personnal attacks, however i won't stoop that low...

..i did this on Rogers request who can't say a thing on his behalf.....
I am not trying to stir up trouble but let his voice be heard,& i am saddened to hear some of these attacks & responses......
i don't know you souperhigh & gaspumpman but you are totally wrong with your accusations & attacks........challenging me to compare collections?? saying i have been involved in all the problems?? come on get a grip on reality & grow up.......you may think you can intimidate me however you don't.....there is one simple solution, if you don't like this topic, don't read it.........

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 07-22-2007).]

#31065 Sun Jul 22 2007 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Possibly time for another Size 12 Triple EEE ???

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#31066 Sun Jul 22 2007 07:47 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
There is a boot parking lot for every boot.

I just wish everyone on here was gracious enough to at least be able to take what they themselves dish out.

Or at least 1/2 as much..

#31067 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:00 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Establish a new "flame" board and require all derogatory post to be on that board anything that isn't....automaticly moved to the flame board. Not perfect but keeps things off the main board, repro board and for sale listings.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

#31068 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
EVERYONE CAN be an ASSET here.
Some will USE the site, others will ABUSE it.
But when you ask for OPINIONS, you will get Positives & Negatives. SOME you will agree with & some you won't. Just remember YOU ASKED for THIER OPINIONS.

I ain't no saint, I've caused my share of DISAGREEMENTS.
Dick
[I didn't CHOOSE this nickname either, but it's mine !]

#31069 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:11 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
At the risk of jumping into another cat fight, I think this site has developed an old fashioned double standard.

The "Online Auctions, eBay" forum is for "Buying and selling questions and tips, reproduction or fraud warnings and other auction issues". When the repop or fraud auction is from Europe, South America or some unknown schmuck, everyone is quick to applaud the exposure, caution not to bid and warn others about the seller. However, when the exposure is very well documented but closer to home, a whole different reaction unfolds.

If Old Gas acts like a Gestapo censoring all repop and fraud warnings then it will further evolve into just an "old hen sewing circle". IMO

#31070 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is getting a little out of hand and ridiculous. Let's quit with the petty complaining and get back to the petro discussion. (Personally, I have too much to learn about the hobby to be reading **** like this!) We are all adults here and need to start acting like it. This is supposed to be a fun website dedicated to our hobby, not a place to release anger and cause problems with other people. We don't all have to like each other, but let's at least respect each other and try to interact as adults and quit trying to stir up trouble!
Tara

#31071 Sun Jul 22 2007 08:37 PM
The moderators have repeatedly reminded members to refrain from making personal negative statements about other people.

Members may disagree in a discussion without attacking each other. Comments about authenticity and auction descriptions can be made without an attack on a person's character. By eliminating emotions and grudges we can build a resource that allows sharing information without tearing down other people.

It is regrettable that some valid info is sometimes lost for reference because one or more topic participants make unacceptable comments according to the Membership Agreement. It is also regrettable that topics like the ones recently deleted "turn off" many members because of their harsh personal remarks. State facts, show pictures and let others make up their own mind on the issues.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved