Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#371655 Wed Nov 21 2012 01:00 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi folks! Seems I am on more and more forums these days... I recently discovered Pertroliana while searching online for a transfer tank and PUMP for my ranch. This led me unknowingly into your world. I now have the opertunity to buy 2 Wayne 615 pumps, one with original glass complete and unbroken, one with the usual bullet hole. I am interested in actually rebuilding the first one to actually pump gas on my ranch. Not sure if the pump actually has the mechanism in it. I cant seem to find any information about the pump mechanism as everybody seems to gut these things and make decorations out of them. I could go the retro fit method and install a modern submersible pump in the tank and just connect the antique up as an adornment, but that seems to be sacreligeous! Anybody have any info on actually rebuilding the pump mechanism? Where to find that part that everybody seems to toss out? Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
The Shoveler #371675 Wed Nov 21 2012 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #371718 Wed Nov 21 2012 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas. The pump in a visible usually stays with it. I've never rebuilt one but it can't be too hard if you're mechanically inclined. I'm a former auto and truck mechanic and I wouldn't be afraid to dig into it. Sounds like fun !

Contact Jack Sim for info. http://petrolianacollectibles.com/

He may have some manuals on your pump.

Scott Baselt #371952 Thu Nov 22 2012 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you work on these pumps, the general consensus seems to be to not try and remove the glass or heartbreak will occur. Then again I have never done so, but ya' might want to check with those that have by posting your proposed project in the general petro section that more people check in at than this forum.

Good luck and Welcome!

Nicole #371961 Fri Nov 23 2012 01:31 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thank all! Very interesting hobby you all have here. Looks like I am going to now get involved in yet another one myself. I am finding the history and information addictive as well I am actually mechanically inclined. (I have an old Harley so I HAVE to be mechanically inclined, as well as maintaining 7 Saabs over the years.)

The Shoveler #372142 Sat Nov 24 2012 07:09 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved