Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
POL Offline OP
OP Offline
Good day to all, I am new to the forum. A little about me: My name is Anthony but usually go by AJ, I am stationed at Dyess AFB, currently deployed to Afghanistan. (Thank you Mr. Potts for taking the chance with the IP addresses out here!) I have been POL for 15 yrs now, always been into old cars (dream car is a 55 Bel Air), I have also recently been wanting an old gas pump. Well, two days ago I was surfing CL for antique/collectible items and ran across an old gas pump in my town. It was around midnight back home so I had to wait patiently until it became day time for everybody back there. I was able to contact a friend of mine to ask him for this huge favor if I was able to purchase the pump from abroad. I got a hold of the guy, after a few phone calls and an email from myself and my friend. The deal was made and my wife ran to an ATM to pull the cash out. The friend picked it up and I had called another friend to meet him at my house to help unload (the seller had a son who was a big ol boy help load). The pump was unloaded safely and a picture was captured and sent to me. One of my friends is also into old cars and anything associated with them, I felt bad to ask him help unload but he was happy that someone he knew was able to get it. He also did say that if he had found it first it would be at his house! LOL. Oh, one last thing, the pump was on CL less than 24 hours... I knew I had to have it when I saw it. I believe it to be a South West Model 72 or 72-CR.

I am excited to be a part of the vintage gas pump owner family now. I am looking forward to being a part of the forum and learning what I can about my gas pump so I can restore it properly. I am told that everything is there, minus what is obvious in the pic. The emblem is on both sides and the two visual gas glass pieces as well as both "contains lead" signs.

South West Pump.jpg
My first gas pump.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Hi AJ,

Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk. Thanks for serving the USA on our behalf. Stay safe so you can return home to your family and that gas pump. smile

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Welcome to Oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice story AJ! Welcome aboard!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome AJ. Thanks for your service. Nice pump! Looks good and straight. Nice looking face too.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved