Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I video cars that are being shipped while the shipper is picking up the car. Then send a copy to the new owner and keep one for me.

Luckily I did that on my first sale, because when it arrived, the carb and intake were gone. I sent him the video when it left and the car was started and driven on to the truck. Not my problem now......shipping companies problem.

If the object I sell on ebay is expensive, I have insurance, and signature confirmation. This way I am gonna get my money out of the object if there is a problem. I charge the buyer the insurance.

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Why should the buyer have to pay for your insurance?

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Because I said so in my listing......If they don't want to, then don't bid.

Mike
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Why should the buyer have to pay for your insurance?

Because the BUYER now owns it Dick !!! LMAO

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
YUP!!!!

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Only after they receive it in condition as sent.

O
OP Offline
O
Update:
Nothing good. Received the doll, different of course.
I wanted to fight this whole thing at one time, but realized justice wasn't going to prevail and my energy would be better used on positive things.
It was a learning experience for sure. Knew somehting like this could so easily happen with the bias "buyer protection", but I guess I had to experience it myself. I did and will never sell again. My daughter lost her $65 doll and we had to pay $10 shipping to boot.
BTW, 5 minutes after the UPS came, I got an e-mail from paypal saying that I received my packege and the money was returned to the buyer and the transaction was completely over.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Send a Reply to PayPal saying you are Closing Your Account, their services are No Longer needed.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I tried to leave negative feedback for a buyer who didn't pay me and I couldn't do it?????? Once you start a refund on the sale price you can't leave feedback for the deadbeat buyer. Maybe it has changed, but a buyer may have 100% feedback and you would never know he is a nonpayer. I guess ebay may cancel his account after he does this several times, but who knows.

Wanted: Nebraska advertising items Cushman, Dempster, Archer oil etc.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
you can't EVER leave anything but Positive feedback as a seller!

your only other option is 'report a buyer' alot of good that does!

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I Always leave a negative "positive" feedback saying "NON PAYING BIDDER...SELLERS BEWARE!" At least this way there is some record of their actions on their feedback. Always check someone's feedback if they are bidding on or asking questions about one of your auctions.

O
OP Offline
O
I tried doing that, but here's what I got when I did:

"Your eBay account has recently been involved in activity that violates our Feedback abuse policy. Negative Feedback was left with a positive rating.

This recent account activity doesn't follow our guidelines.

About the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal, and Removal Policy
Leaving a negative comment or follow-up with a positive Feedback rating isn't allowed.

We understand that you may have been unaware of this eBay policy, and we invite you to learn about how to keep your experiences on eBay pleasant and successful."

Ebay has turned into a big joke. They started as a great service that made tons of money for themselves and unfortunately became a monopoly. I hope with business ethics like this that their demise is soon and another company comes to replace them. Just the state of how things are today, and it's sad.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
and when you call customer service

I don't speak Pakistani so I can't understand them 95% of the time.

can't believe somebody has developed competition against Ebay...wouldn't be too tough to pull customers away!

B
B
the best way I have found with ebay is to NOT WORRY ABOUT IT , I buy and sell on ebay all the time you can make huge money the ones that complain about an item will get a refund from paypal and or ebay no matter what the seller does , I quit using delivery comfirmations too cause like said earlier it doesn't matter the delivery confirmation just prooves a box was delivered , I love ebay I buy and sell on there all the time I do it with rare hard to find car parts and I have good luck with it because the person buying wants the parts so bad they generally wont complain they are just happy to get them , for example I found a seller a while back that had some rare antenna parts the seller had 26 new old stock items for classic car antennas he was selling them with a horrible wrong listing desription for $8 dollars each I asked if he would sell me all of them for $5 dollars each he did , I then relisted them one at a time correctly and sold them for anywhere from $50 each to $150 dollars each had one guy that did what was mentioned above claimed the item was damaged semt me back an old used part that was no good and demanded a refund which he got BUT I DONT CARE , another thing you have to think about is for the ones that buy your items and dont complain you get 3 or 4 times what the item would sell for out in public or on craigslit , so Im gonna keep buying and selling on ebay I LOVE IT !

Last edited by Brad67; Sun Feb 03 2013 06:46 PM.

OLD STUFF NEVER GETS OLD !
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Quote:
I quit using delivery comfirmations too cause like said earlier it doesn't matter the delivery confirmation just prooves a box was delivered.

Not true..Fed Ex,UPS and USPS,all track your package to every one of their dispatch locations & up to the doorbell.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved