Next Thread
Print Thread
#398551 Sun Mar 03 2013 08:06 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
A post on here in which someone said "Can you even buy film anymore" got me thinking. I, like everyone these days, have a digital camera and one in my phone. It sure is convenient. I have taken lots of pics. However, I rarely save them to disc or print them. I have lost hundreds of digital pics due to computer crashes over the years, yet I still have all of my photos taken with film. Yes, most are in boxes and I always say I am going to organize them someday in albums, but I never do. But they are still in the boxes where I put them
I regret going to all digital. I have lost quite a few moments because I didnt back up my computer, burn them to discs or print them. Come to think of it, maybe digital isnt so convenient. Its more work than film photography...and film looks better too. Thoughts?

Digital Or Film Photography?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: Sun Mar 03 2013 08:05 PM

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was an avid Photographer in the late 1970's and thru the 1980's, but film and printing can get expensive. With Digital I can shoot to my hearts content and just print the better ones I desire.

CD's and Flash Drives make back up easy and inexpensive.

With so many ways to view digital photos today (and that is growing) it is much easier to share even family photos.
Like Vermonter, we have albums full of old photos but seldom view them. The kids and grandkids all want to see what we have scanned onto the computer and look that way.

Chuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...if you didn't bother to develop your roll film, you'd have the same complaint: film that had expired, and lost images...

...digital more work than roll film? no way - you can take the pics, upload them and pick up prints in an hour...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved