Print Thread
#403959 Sat Mar 23 2013 03:53 PM
S
sanford Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I need some help. Does anyone know anything about this mini-station that my girl friend got for me. It is made of wood and is very detailed. The overhead doors work and the air meter even looks real and is metal.
Is this something that Richfield used as a promotional item or is it just a model that someone built?
Any ideas on value
Any help will be appreciated.?
Tks,
Tony

Station1.jpg station2.jpg station3.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tony, IMO, you have an "one off". An original Model that a Hobbyist took the time to build... Someone like Ed...

If the Richfield Company (either Richfield of NY or Richfield of CA) had had it built for themselves, I can't imagine that it would not have at least one brass plate attached to it, proclaiming who it was built for...

No matter what: Keep your Girlfriend!!! Give her a copy of Jack's Book(s) and maybe a pump will follow her home?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tony, being as it's made from wood generally says that it means European construction if it indeed "IS A COMERCIALLY MADE PIECE." I kind of doubt it as I'm looking very closely at what seems to be a watch making for a wall clock in the building. I do remember some Doll House stuff in a large scale coming over from both England and Germany in the late 1950's . I also saw some English stuff come into some of the "Better " department stores as late as 1964. I'm willing to say that this is the work of a Custom Doll house builder . Either way, it's a great piece and certainly , I would call it "Collectable ". Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
C
Veteran Member
Online Grin
Veteran Member
C
Tony,

In the 40s & 50s there were US companies which made gas stations out of wood/pressed board including Keystone. There were imported pressed board pieces from W Germany as well coming along later in the 50s and up through the 70s.

However all of those examples are different from your station. I believe yours is a custom creation due to the way the signs are executed. Typical commercial toys include more minute detail including signage.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
S
sanford Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thanks guys.
I thought that it was made by someone at first, but the more I look at the detail and fit of things, it really makes me wonder. If someone did build it, they did a fine job.
Now I will have to get a set of Richfield S&P shakers to go out front.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved