Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#404543 Mon Mar 25 2013 08:31 PM
K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Trying to find out in what city in Illinois or New York state a business called : Mynatt's Esso Servicecenter was located in the late 1930's and 1940's
There was a aero type custom body that had been mounted on a Model A chassis in the 1930's that was found with the name on the door Mynatt's Esso Servicecenter and on the roof the word Monroe
The car as originally from Illinois and then was driven in the Newburgh New york area for years and even in New York City

For picture of car go to ;
Filter by time
Anytime
Past day
Past week
Past month.
search resultsgeoff hacker | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts
Behind the scenes with the editors of the Hemmings Motor News family of magazines ... On the side of the doors he found what appears to be the words: “Mynatt’s ...
blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/geoff-hacker - Cached

streamliners and teardroppers | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible ...
Behind the scenes with the editors of the Hemmings Motor News family of magazines ... On the side of the doors he found what appears to be the words: “Mynatt’s ...
blog.hemmings.com/index.php/category/streamliners/page/3 - Cached

Please contact Bill Keogh at:
e mail: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com
or tel: 905-8712341

If you know the city that Mynatt's Esso Service center was in and the address and first name of Mr. Mynatt
It would have been in the late 1930' and 1940's

Thanks

Bill Keogh

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
keogh #404602 Tue Mar 26 2013 06:00 AM
Online Content
Welcome to Oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You may want to repost your question under the general petroliana section where more members will see it.

Good luck!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome too Old Gas Bill smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is a thought. Either nicely email this seller asking if your station your looking for is in there or buy it outright. Ebay Item number 221207188883 assuming the fact that they might have been triple A approved. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
#408191 Tue Apr 09 2013 06:19 AM
K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Anyone know where Mynatt's Esso Servicecenter was located in either Illinois or New York state in the 1940-1950's era

The business sponsored a dry lakes race car.

i.e,see picture and details

geoff hacker | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

Any information appreciated

Bill Keogh

tel 905-8712341

K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Anyone have listing of ESSO service stations in period 195o to 1970 in NY state and MASS state. Trying to find out where "mynatt's Esso Service Center" was located. I contacted Exxon historian section but they never kept the records
Bill Keogh
tel: 905-8712341

#449647 Sun Jul 21 2013 11:41 AM
K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Mynatt's Esso Service Center

What city located in from 1950 forward (i.e. Eastern NY state or in Middle Norther Mass) and first name of owner

WAS IT THE :in Concord between 1950 and 1999. During part of that time, there was an Esso gas station at the corner of Sudbury Road and Thoreau Street, where a Starbuck's and a dry cleaner are now located

Exxon historian no longer has records that far back

Anyone know of an old ESSO rep that might know or person who has old ESSO maps that might show location

Also anyone know anything about the address where the following Aero car body was found

(i.e. In MASS
WasNorth of rt 2,I believe between Lowal and Fitchburg 1/2 way maybe .It was off the beaten track and quite rural older homes narrow back roads.ffice ffice" /><O ></O >

Reason:trying to solve mystery as explained in

The story about the car can be found at:

The car came to New York state in late 1940's from Illinois

Thanks

Bill Keogh

tel 905-8712341

#449649 Sun Jul 21 2013 11:43 AM
K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Mynatt's Esso Service Center

What city located in from 1950 forward (i.e. Eastern NY state or in Middle Norther Mass) and first name of owner

WAS IT THE :in Concord between 1950 and 1999. During part of that time, there was an Esso gas station at the corner of Sudbury Road and Thoreau Street, where a Starbuck's and a dry cleaner are now located

Exxon historian no longer has records that far back

Anyone know of an old ESSO rep that might know or person who has old ESSO maps that might show location

Also anyone know anything about the address where the following Aero car body was found

(i.e. In MASS
WasNorth of rt 2,I believe between Lowal and Fitchburg 1/2 way maybe .It was off the beaten track and quite rural older homes narrow back roads.ffice ffice" /><O ></O >

Reason:trying to solve mystery as explained in

The story about the car can be found at:

The car came to New York state in late 1940's from Illinois

Thanks

Bill Keogh

tel 905-8712341

#450631 Wed Jul 24 2013 08:19 PM
K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Anyone have listing of ESSO service stations in period 195o to 1970 in NY state and MASS state. Trying to find out where "mynatt's Esso Service Center" was located. I contacted Exxon historian section but they never kept the records
Bill Keogh
tel: 905-8712341

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's late enough that I would find local hotrod clubs in those states that would have members that would have known it. Most if not all clubs (of all kinds) have webpages.

You could also do a property search under the name Mynatt. Every county in each state in the U.S. has those records and most are on-line. For example, I can go into my local county office and search back to see who owned my property before I did going back almost to colonial times. Pick a county and contact the local records office. They can give you the url for the search site, and could also recommend a person or company that could do the search for you for a fee in case those older records are still only on microfish (sp?).

Also contact the historical societies in each state to help you narrow your search. They may refer you to local county historical societies. There also seems to be a franchise of sorts for a publisher that does books on each county (its called 'images of America')with historical pictures. The state historical societies might know how many counties in each state has these books on their county. Each book seems to include gas station photos. That's the publication I got my photo for the painting I made of a local gas station in my area dating to the early 30's. The book itself was produced by a local writer, and contacting her and the county historical society, I was able to locate the original site of the station and even found an elderly woman who once lived there over the shop with her grandparents who owned the station.

Good luck.

K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Anyone have pictures of :
-Mynatt's Esso Service Centre that was located at 703 N Central Knoxville TN in the 1930 to 1960 period and run by Raymond T. Mynatt
-ALSO complete car pictures of very unusual aero teardrop shaped with tailfin custom bodied Model A Ford coupe that the station had
-Also anyone know if car was race car or just a conversation publicity piece
-If raced were was it raced

Bare body was found a few years ago believe it or not in Massachusetts but no one knows how it ever wound up there

Thanks
Bill Keogh
Tel 905-8712341
E mail: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com
Fort Erie Ontario Canada L2A 5B6

K
keogh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Anyone remember and have pictures of a unique red custom teardrop aero bodied Model A Ford with a tailfin that Mynatt Esso Service Station located at 703 N Central St in Knoxville TN made in the late 1930's. Anyone have picture of the service station.Owner of station was Raymomd Mynatt. Anyone know if car was used as a race car at Bonneville salt flats. Bill Keogh E-mail: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com or tel 905-8712341

R
reb Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
There is a Mynatt funeral home in Knoxville, Tn.

Mynatt Funeral Home
4131 E. Emory Road
Knoxville, TN 37938
p: 865-922-9195

also a law firm with that name

Sheppeard & Mynatt, P.L.C.

616 W Hill Ave

Knoxville, TN 37902

(865) 546-3653

one of these might get someone with some history of the station.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved