Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Brattso Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know it was before war is what i was told and it was in an airport? that is what I was told and I have seen it for years there but I guess we never know. I would thought Texaco was being supportive of the aircraft in war? Its not that far fetched its perfect for marketing Texaco to public...I understand its fake though
Thank You

I didn't pay anything my brother passed away a few months back and I don't have space to keep everyting smile

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

You should really consider changing your description... And not pawn this on another person.

Brattso Offline OP
OP Offline
I would never do that now that I know its not real ......that is insulting. The one on ebay isn't mine its somebody elses

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The word "real" makes it confusing. Use "fantasy" instead when you describe it.
Personally, I would buy it from you if you want to be rid of it and then I would destroy it.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Brattso Offline OP
OP Offline
that would be a waste of your money and the garage man comes tomorrow so it will go in it
Thank You

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

Brattso

I wasn't trying to insult you, I copied the auction number that was in this thread. Sorry if I did. I'd be happy to buy it from you for $25.00. I'll mark it on the back and hang it in my collection. Let me know.

Thanks Doug

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Guys why are you being so Hard on Brattso, He is new to this stuff just like me !!!

Even being Fake , I would buy it just to hang it on a wall .
I do like the old true stuff and learning daily from you guys on here what is real and what isnt .

I would be afraid to post something I bought as if it was fake or common someone would pop up and make a smarta#% remark !!

Just remember you at onetime where just starting to collet this stuff and you learned as you rolled !!

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Welcome to Oldgas,sorry about the passing of your brother.

I have hung around here long enough to know when Blacktee tells you something about Texaco you can go to the bank with it.
Sometime the truth comes off as being tough on someone,not meant that way I,m sure.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Brattso Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry blacktea I was defensive no biggie

Thank you Trifiver appreciate that.

I am not a collector of signs or anything like it. My brother passed away 4 months ago and I can't hold on to all of his stuff. He was a mechanic and besides a little purple drill that is so cute I have no interest in tools or stuff like that.

By the way I am a woman, not that woman don't collect these things but I don't know much about them. Plus they don't match my decor. I guess to each ios own

Thank you all for help I appreciate it
Brattso smile

Brattso Offline OP
OP Offline
Blacktea I will send you the sign free of charge send mne message of info ok
Thank You

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very possible someone Gave it to your brother & he didn't want to insult them, so he hung it on the wall.

trifiver, When most of US Veteran Members started collecting there wasn't many Repop/Fantasy items being made. WE didn't have the internet or collector magazines/books for easy references.
I Know several large collectors that have been Burnt w/ fakes.
Pickers will make more mistakes than collectors, snap judgements to make a buck, instead of asking for opinions!

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Brattso,
I think you just happened to step on a nerve unexpectedly. The huge influx of fakes being passed as originals has been a persistent topic of conversation on here, and as you can tell, it is not looked upon favorably. Thank you for at least checking on the possibility of saving a rare/valuable sign before just trashing it! Good luck as you go through this trying time of loss.
Kody Carson

Last edited by Flatland; Fri Apr 26 2013 06:59 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas Brattso. Where in Sonoma County do you live ? I'm nearby if you need some help.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com! I appreciate your efforts to check on the authenticity of your sign; before trying to sell it. Further more, I applaud you for having the intelligence to heed the advice that was given. Your approach to this entire matter was more forthright and honest then others have acted with in the past on this site.

It is refreshing and a nice change to witness. Hopefully, we will be able to convince individuals in the future as easily.

You're one of the good ones in my books!!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

Brattso

I sent you a private message. It's in the little envelope at the top of your screen.

Thanks Doug

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved