Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N

Would people in this forum be willing to help me develop an NM Collector Software template for petroliana collectors?

NM Collector Software is a highly customizable template based software for collectors that can be run on Windows, Mac and Linux computers. There are also companion Android Apps that communicate with the desktop application. At this time there are no companion iOS apps but I am willing to consider developing them if there is enough interest.

NM Collector Software Templates can be created for any kind of collection including petroliana. I already have a "Home Inventory" template that is probably pretty close to what would be needed for petroliana. Any template can work as the basis for a new template so the Home Inventory template would be a great start.

Would you all mind taking a look at the current home inventory template and tell me what would have to be changed to support petroliana collectors? I can then create the appropriate template and make it available to all. Also, anybody willing to follow the instructions on this page can create their own petroliana template to share with others.

Here are some features that might be of interest to petroliana collectors:

Highly Secure. Designed to be run directly off of a USB flash drive with no installation on any computer required and no web access unless you click on help which will take you to help pages on the web. The software can be run totally disconnected from the internet. When run from a USB flash drive it can be encrypted or the software can encrypt the database only - your choice.

Installation Options for each OS are provided for those who prefer to install software on their desktop computers.

Here are some examples of current home inventory template screen captures.

14 Identification fields

26 Description fields
[img]http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/forumPics/sampleHomeInvDescr.png"[/img]

Unlimited Pictures

Receipt and Disposition Tabs (only Receipt is pictured because Disposition looks essentially the same)

Built in statistics to track cost, appraised values, insured values, and disposition prices.

Customizable Headings: Change the headings to read whatever you want them to read.

Automatically populating drop downs - new values entered are automatically remembered for selection later. You can also export and import your data to and from popular formats including html (Web Pages) and excel.

A Free Version is available as well as a full feature activation for $29.95. The Free version does not include the Receipt, Disposition, Maintenance, Events, and Statistics tabs.

Please let me know what changes should be made for the petroliana template.

Thanks!

Clay Pryor
nmcollector.net

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

N
OP Offline
N
OOPS, I let a typo on an image link get through and when I try to edit the post I get an error that a time limit has been exceeded. Here is the corrected link to the picture:

26 Description fields

Also, it seems the forum software reduced the resolution of the pictures. You can find higher resolution pictures here: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/forumPics/

Thanks and I am truly looking forward to feedback!

Clay

N
OP Offline
N

As described above, NM Collector Software allows you to organize items with folders in the treeview. Sometimes you will want those folders to correspond to an actual item while other times you just want the folder to group items. If you are using folders just for grouping items then you won't want the folder to show up in reports. This is how you set up your template to allow you to exclude folders from reports.

The pictures are reduced in this forum. Please see Exclude Folders From Reports for full size pictures.

• Ensure you have the latest reports installed on your system by downloading the Reports.zip file and extracting the contents to your reports directory in the NM Collector Software folder.

• Add an "Include in Reports?" caption to the last field on the ID tab. It must be the last field on the ID tab.

• For items that you do not want to show up in reports (such as folders) enter "no" in that field.

• Leave this field blank or enter "yes" for items that you want to show up in reports.

There is a special case for firearms. For firearms the field caption "Include in A&D Report?" is already present. This is to distinguish firearms to be included in the A&D reports from those not to be included in the A&D reports. In this case you must enter a "yes" in that field for an item to appear in an A&D report. Otherwise, it behaves the same as above. If "no" is entered for that field the item will not appear in any reports (this is used to hide a folder as described above). If the value of this field is blank the item will appear in all reports except A&D reports.

Thanks,

Clay

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Neat idea with lots of potential. Can pictures be directly imported from the phone app?

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved