OP Offline
Veteran Member
Take a look at his other auctons as well....GRRRRRR

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
#130925869932 as well .All his signs are fake .The authentic Pure has round corners .The Red Crown is (of course) actually an 11 3/4" repop .The Allis Chalmers can be bought for $20

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I am wearing my fingers out reporting this guy's *****

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't say anywhere that the Pure sign is really old or from certain year? I've seen lots of 1970's signs ( Andy Rooneys etc) in this condition? What the big deal with this one that makes it worth reporting? Seems like a certain member on here has gone a little over zealous? JMO

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The listing does say (original) at the top . I am not a sign expert by no means, fact of the matter is I am green as a gourd, but if it is listed as a original then it should be , now the question I have is it original or is it a repop? I read a lot of these topics on the e bay listings that are in question and I use them as a chance to learn something. Thanks for posting keystone , hopefully some of the others can clarify if this is a repop or original.

Last edited by 47reotravis; Mon Jun 10 2013 01:31 PM.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
The pure sign is fake .Pardon the exspession but it is Pure and simple.The fakes have square corners .Real ones have round corners . And I'm pretty sure that all his signs are fake .He could at least have the decency to throw in a real one now and then .The big deal is he has 2 gas and oil fake signs right now .He also has numerous other fake signs on ebay.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
On the Red Crown the graphics are completely different from the real ones .The blue cicle is very wide on the authentic ones,and the crown is much simpler than the crown on the fake.Just google them and you will see .

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well then if its fake as you say then in my opinion ,shame on him for listing as such with( original ) in his e bay listing . I do not see a lot of pure items but I will keep the rounded corners in mind if I come across one . Good info. Thanks.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
to "really", why is it you're always defending the thieves and attacking the people that are trying to stop them? Seems to be a pattern with you, how about an introduction as to who you are, pics of your collection etc

Last edited by Neil Gerrard; Mon Jun 10 2013 01:09 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
just checked and every one of your posts seem to be the same old stuff

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Gee Neil....because I really don't care for bullying of any kind, and in my little opinion...there is a lot of that going on here........there was a poster listed as NOS that was a reproduction listed on ebay by one of the real bullies...but you had no problem with that...double standard maybe?

Last edited by really; Mon Jun 10 2013 01:43 PM.
W
W
Reproductions are a real problem to the hobby and we all need more education on them, but there is no need to be confrontational over a difference of opinion! Keep it civil please!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: really
Unless I'm missing something, he doesn't say anywhere that the Pure sign is really old or from certain year? I've seen lots of 1970's signs ( Andy Rooneys etc) in this condition? What the big deal with this one that makes it worth reporting? Seems like a certain member on here has gone a little over zealous? JMO

I'll say why it's a big deal, It is illegal to misrepresent something you are selling. It is called fraud and you can go to jail for it. Ebay will kick you off but their safety and security division won't be done with a fraud, they will investigate and prosecute. $20 or $2000 fraud is fraud.

W
W
Originally Posted By: Watchdog9
Reproductions are a real problem to the hobby and we all need more education on them, but there is no need to be confrontational over a difference of opinion! Keep it civil please!

I asked nicely to keep it civil. If that can't be done, this will be removed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved