Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#467271 Wed Oct 02 2013 06:33 AM
S
OP Offline
S
HEY GUYS... I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE FALL HERSHEY SHOW!
I am thinking about going.... just had a few questions for the vets...

It is open to the public on Wed?

Are most people setup and ready to vend by then?

I wanna go 2 days... not sure if wed/thrus would be best or thrusday/friday.... I would think getting there earlier is better, however, I also dont want to get there on wed and find most people not setup..

any help would be great! and other hershey tips? please pass on ! thank you

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The show is in full swing for Wed., Thursday, and Friday. Many are pulling out on Saturday. Tuesday they open for setup.

Generally the vendors get going around 8am. So you don't need a flashlight like some of the shows. It takes a at least two days at a fast pace to see everything, but you never see it all.

If you are looking for a hotel, give up and sleep in your truck.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tuesday to Thursday are the best days IMO.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
If anyone has a space available, or room for me, i need a home! had a set-up and it fell through. will be bringing signs, no pumps. i'll pay in cash and many, many cold beers!!!! chuck

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
As Henry mentioned, Tuesday is set up day but we do make sales as customers stop by. It is opened to the public from Tuesday thru Saturday. Everything is set up and ready at 8 A.M. on Wednesday. It remains that way until Friday night when some folks head home. We remain until Saturday around 5 P.M. to end the show. Henry also hit it on the head about rooms. If you can find one...it will be pricey. Paul www.severngaspumps.com C4T 3-6

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
And bring very comfortable shoes, or you won't enjoy it; as you will walk several miles over a couple of days.
Has anyone ever figured out how many miles they have walked at Hershey, or used a pedometer while there?

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Just checked the Hampton Inn, Harrisburg East where we are staying. They are showing only a double queen bed smoking room and a smoking single double bed mobility impaired room. Of course that's with a Monday night check-in. Rates increase incrementally each successive night.Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another tip, Buy it when you see it. Write down the space and pick it up later or drop it in a friends booth. The less you carry the better. If you wait it will be gone.

One year I scouted out five things I wanted all pricey. On the round headed back to the car at the end of the day, all items had been bought. Some were right at the top of the market so I figured they would still be there. I was wrong. I did find some other things along the way.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One year I took a pedometer and recorded 33+ miles. There were times that I would forget to turn the pedometer on in the mornings until I had walked for up to 20 minutes or so. I figured I walked an extra 1-3 miles that week. Tired but worth it....

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the tips guys....

do they have any sort of delivery service.. IE Trucks driving around the show that could haul a gas pump pr coke machine outta the show field and into a pickup area near the parking lot?

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I hate to ask, butttttt pictures ?

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The only way to move stuff is by man power with a dolly or cart. The only trucks that move are first thing in the morning and then at night when some venders pack up and go back to there Hotels. Most of the people have there own RV's and such and stay right there the whole show. You are the MOVER! How bad do you want it?

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: Shane Lawrence
Thanks for all the tips guys....

do they have any sort of delivery service.. IE Trucks driving around the show that could haul a gas pump pr coke machine outta the show field and into a pickup area near the parking lot?
Actually, you can bring your own truck in to pick up something large. Time is limited to after 4 P.M. until 5 P.M. Those were always the rules up to last year. This year there is a new show organization and they have changed some things? You might want to ask security people when you come in? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Shane, in years past you could get a temporary pass to pick up a larger item late in the day.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
S
OP Offline
S
good to know... Thanks guys

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved