Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42418 Fri Dec 05 2003 04:17 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have a black Mobiloil Gargoyle display unit that is made up of shelves and the tops of the ends hold bottles. I am looking for a pic of one of these units complete with the two ad pieces on each side. I want to find the two ad pieces for mine and then start the hunt for bottles, cans, etc to fill it up. Any help is most appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Hey Beast If you mean the two cardboard charts that go on each side George Deel had sum made up e-mail ** mimideel@discoverynet.com .They are very nice.The photo might be in the Mobil book sold on this site other than that ask George he might have one not all the racks are the same. Let us know how you make out.Rex

------------------

B
B
Hey I've got a line on the very Cabinet you speak of. Rare ? Haven't seen many or any. Very good graphics. Just wondering if you Beast, can shed some light on value of this gem ? Also would like to see a picture of the one you skeak of. Can you post a picture ?

S
OP Offline
S
I can post a pic but it may be a few days. Thanks for the lead on the charts above, I will definitely email the guy. I am going to try and fill the entire unit over time with bottles, cans etc. On a side note, during some digging at the building where I got this unit I was lucky enough to find a Mobiloil handy oiler, the old one with the lead top. It was filthy but thankfully it was old grime and it cleaned up beautifully.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks, Beast

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
B.Anderson,Condition is the key with this item they date back to the late teens many have ends missing or can't read the words on each shelf etc.
The goods ones sell for $800 to $1500.I paid $1200 for mine and passed over several to find one I liked.
The hardest one to find is the SOCONY one sold a while back with cans in area of $3600 to $4000.
E-mail George at above post he might send you a picture.Let us know how how you do.Rex

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved