Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Big B1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
I bid on and won Richfield porcelain letters from Peotone auction. In the description it says Richfield Porcelain Letters, Rated 8 12"x90" some letters have chips, Mounted on board. I received package today in a box 16"x16" . Shouldn't it have been mounted to the board like described in Auctions description of item. I feel like I was sold something that isn't what I got. Called Matthews and they said it would have cost to much to ship mounted.

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Sounds like they did you a favor. It was on a standard piece of plywood,at least that's what it looked like. Would have cost a bunch to ship for sure. Would be cheaper to go buy a piece,my 2 cents.

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I guess you could have them ship you the piece of plywood at your expense. Would that make you feel better?

Bill Fortune
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Gas stuff.com
Sounds like they did you a favor. It was on a standard piece of plywood,at least that's what it looked like. Would have cost a bunch to ship for sure. Would be cheaper to go buy a piece,my 2 cents.

...I agree...a LOT cheaper...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
To box and ship something 90" long would have been costly.
I bought a few items from the same auction and was happy with the packaging and shipping few.

Todd

B
Big B1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
I assumed it was mounted to the wall of Station like that. Just thought it should have been listed that letters were mounted for display purposes only Instead of 12" x 90". I was expecting a bigger package.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Packing from Matthew's is top notch. Always great packing. But I understand what you mean. I bought a rare can from them once and paid good money for it and when I got the can it was on a donor can and welded to it. The can was rated 9.5 and did not show the seam. They never mentioned that it was on a donor. Plus when I emailed them I never got a response. Kinda killed the value to me.

Dan

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved