Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Picture is from 1923.

Note, the oil dispenser is a Bowser Model 59-A and was supplied painted chocolate brown enamel.

Uploaded with ImageShack.uss

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Dec 20 2013 07:15 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've never heard of that company Jack. Maybe a small local company?

Braden Splichal

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I don't really know anything about the company, but I do recall seeing a rectangular 1 gallon oil can on E-bay last year sometime. Like the photo indicates, it was marked Lima Ohio too.

Always looking for:
Early Oil and Auto Cans, Kenyon Tire Signs or Displays, Stutz Motor Car Company Items.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Miller Oil( Hy-Flash) moved into there bulk storage plant in Toledo. I used to have a oil can from them but I sold it to guy in Lima, Ohio. It was on Ebay.

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I really wasn't looking for information about Lilly White, I just figured any oil company with that kind of name might be interesting.

Just goes to show you, ask a question here on OG and there will always be someone who knows something.

Thanks for the replies.

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
The only Lilly White I knew about was a saloon singer in Baker Oregon during the gold rush days. A local miner fell in love with here. He named his next gold mine the Lilly White and gave all the money to her. Trouble was there was no gold. Every night he would salt the mine. She fell in love with another man so he got mad and blew up the mine. The real trouble was is that the Chinese works were still in the mine when he did it. True story. Richard

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved