Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Well said Paul! Anyone anyone has a right to ask what they wish for an item, but in the end in this world weather it being an antique, collectable, T-shirt, car or whatever......An item is only worth what another man or woman will pay for it. END OF STORY

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
cormy Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
OP needs to get out more and try to find signs for cheap. Spend $400 a month on gas going all over the place, pay buyers premiums at auctions, use up personal time ramming the road. How much is your time worth to you?

Wasn't really complaining..more making an observation. Yes we all know the "it's only worth what somebody will pay...blah blah". It's not just me others have noticed as well. It has to do with the changing demographic of the site. But that's been discussed plenty before.

You want me to pay for your time? laugh You obviously feel it's worthwhile and get satisfaction from using your time to hunt and buy. Drive to the moon for all I care..it's your decision to do such, so don't make us think we owe you for it!

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If you can't value someone else's effort I really feel sorry for you. Please tell that to everyone from the cashier in the stores to the repairman who fixes your heat pump, think you'll get some pretty dirty looks don't you?

As for me, I appreciate all my customers because I know they are just like me, they had to use their time to earn a paycheck, salary, and they've chosen to spend some of that with me.

I love OG, not because of the sales I may get, but because there are many great people on here who really enjoy the hobby. If I didn't make a dime from being on here it wouldn't change my visiting and posting on this site.

Thanks to Jim we've got a great site so the many roads of this hobby can converge!

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Cormy, That's very rude and disrespectful what you said about one's "time" aspect . If you cannot respect a man finding this stuff and bringing it to the market then I may say a prayer for you. I get tired of people on here always complaining about pickers and their prices. It is funny how no one on here respects the "newer" pickers and just "assumes" there in it for the money. Ever thought about some of us actually wanting to preserve America? Ever thought if it wasn't for pickers hitting the roads and finding items that the next gas pump you buy may have just sat on the farm and rusted away? Nothing in America is made like it used to be. I am so grateful every time I find a item and am able to bring it to the market and sell it to a very satisfied customer. Items are getting harder and harder to find and more and more.desirable everyday. Be thankful for the man 50 years ago who put a sign in his barn instead of hauling it off for scrap. If it wasn't for people like them, none of this would have stayed around and all be buried in the dirt, and then this hobby that we all enjoy would not be here

Always looking for Mint oil cans. Esp Aviation and Outboard Oil Cans and pumps. Looking fot Cheerwine signs!
W
W
KNOCK IT OFF WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved