Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46536 Mon Apr 24 2006 10:21 AM
H
OP Offline
H
need help on where I can find some sinclair white touch up paint for a 5x7 double sided sign with the dino, also any advice on surface prep on these small chips that have rust

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46537 Mon Apr 24 2006 06:47 PM
B
B
First of all, welcome to the most informative site on the web when it comes to petro collecting.
I`ve had good luck touching up small chips (quarter size or smaller) with cheap white nail polish from Wal-Mart. If there`s rust in the chip use a small wire wheel to remove the rust & wipe clean. Apply 1st coat of nail polish. Let it dry and apply another. Keep adding coats until the white matches the porcelain white. Hope this helps. Greg Brown
PS You`re not very far from where I live. E-mail me if you need any more help. I`m listed in the collectors roster on this site.

#46538 Mon Apr 24 2006 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I too will bid you welcome. If you go to a good plumbing business or home center you will find that they carry porcelain touch up paint used for sink and tub repair. Never have tried nail polish, but the sink touch up paint is thick enough that did a good job for me. Just a thought. I do believe that you will enjoy this sight, I know I have.

Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#46539 Mon Apr 24 2006 09:40 PM
H
OP Offline
H
thanks will try both ideas, hope to learn more at the show in dayton in 2 weeks!!!!

#46540 Tue Apr 25 2006 03:57 PM
B
B
My brother & I will set up at Dayton. Look us up!----Greg Brown

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved