Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
W
pumpingethyl & ward zaharia, your post were done in General Discussion before post was moved to Value Forum before 10pm.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How did Bennett get drug into this conversation?

Did I miss a post from db? Because the one's I see copied, have nothing to do with Bennett....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
My thoughts are that Mee is trying find out what he should pay for them,, he didn't say he was the one trying to sell them.. He never said either way,,, I just assumed he was trying to be the buyer,, "thus my comment " on what I would pay if I were a buyer..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hey guys this is a hobby I brought Dick in because he seems to have a great sense of humor and may get a laugh today . Have fun guys its a hobby . But I will say dang , its cool to see 3 of those cans together !!!

Follow the Red Indian Trail
K
OP Offline
K
Hi to all eek Thanks again for helping me figure out what these jugs are worth ... Here are some better pictures of all sides of the jugs.. Looking at them they kind of have a good side and not so good side...

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/kevindriscoll1968/library/red%20indian%20photos

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I think the poster(Kevin) should POST ANY + ALL offers he recieved! Especially the low ballers trying to steal a can!
Kevin, Do you own these cans? I agree on Dennis' pricing and TOTALLY APPRECIATE what a valuable ASSET he is to this site and others!!!

K
OP Offline
K
Hi there.. I haven't received any offers just advice there are vultures out there and I am fully aware of that.. The pm messages I got were not offers The jugs are mine bought them at a garage sale last week end... they were in some ones crawl space for the last 40 year... I just want to know what they are worth to most and wouldn't mind finding out when they date from if anyone knows.. Thanks to all cheers Kevin

[img]http://s98.photobucket.com/user/kevindriscoll1968/library/red%20indian%20photos[/img]

Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Apr 03 2014 07:26 PM. Reason: edit to conform with rules
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...my advice: if you're planning on selling, skip the resellers - offer them in a well-publicized auction...contact Dan Matthews of Morphy Auctions...he's on Oldgas (mattgas)...

The time you pay the auction commission more than likely you will end up with what some resellers would pay

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
You got my vote on that one, that's why a lot of guys sell on oldgas instead of putting there stuff in an auction or ebay, both are 20%. Or buy or sell privately. I have put stuff in approx a dozen auctions over the last ten years and have always lost money. The ones that make money are the guys that have had stuff for 20-30 years and they get a big buck but they didn't have much in it to start with.

Last edited by Wes Hague; Thu Apr 03 2014 06:43 PM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
List them on e-Bay one can at a time. Post the auction number in the for sale forum. Collectors pay more then resellers.

I'd rather see three collectors each get a can then a self serving flipper. No flipper will be doing you a favor...they are in it for the money.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Ha,ha,ha,,, typical comment,,just in case you don't realize it, if you didn't have a seller/flipper/reseller,whatever you want to call me and about 90% of the guys on here in the "For Sale Section" or anywhere else like Ebay, Craigslist, Kijij... where would you find SOME of the stuff...check out the for sale section on here and count how many resellers,flippers, there actually are as members on OLDGAS... So as much as you think you know what your talking about on here, again,, you don't,,,,!

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Why, do you always have to play like this? You suffer from some kind of us versus them mentality. This hobby is big enough for everyone. Easier and more constructive to be inclusive then to be divisive.

Remember this thread...it speaks volimes about your credibility and "Expert Opinions".

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422915&page=all

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with 57tbird. Skip the auction house. The end of the line guy won't be hard to find with an item like that. Do your research and wait for a comparable public sale on one of the cans.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
K
OP Offline
K
Does anyone know when they date from ???????? Thanks Kevin

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Put them on a shelf and enjoy them-its better than money in the bank.. (unless you need the money)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved