Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
Hello, I am new to the site but am enjoying the exploration! It's a bit overwhelming to maneuver, but it's definitely worth the challenge.

Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Try the Forum Help tab in the tool bar, it may give you some assistance in navigating the site.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
F
F
Thanks for the advice. Will do!

C
C
thanks for allowing us to join. I will be posting some items for sale

C
C
Should we post a pic in the New Members forum?

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by ClassicRocker
Should we post a pic in the New Members forum?

Yes, It is highly recommended that new members post a photo, or several, in the "Welcome New Members" section, showing items from their collection or photos that help us to get to know you.

On the the forum's post submission form, click on "Attachment Manager" to upload a photo into your message.
Here is a link to how to attach a photo to display in your message:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
G
Hello
Just wanted to know if I may request an upgrade to regular privileges.
I am very familiar with this site and how it works, all rules must be followed and Obeyed.
Thank you very much.
Ken

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
To request an upgrade to sell or ask for help with using the forum, please click the "Contact" link near the top of most pages on Oldgas.com

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
S
S
Hi has and oil folks, just joined, been collecting signs for 43 years, but I am upset that fake, phony, reproduction signs are showing up everywhere. I usually can spot fakes easily, but the crooks are getting more clever. I was just interested and always try to learn more. If any of you have ways of spotting fakes and share your knowledge with flaws that are dead giveaways l think it will help everyone that wants to keep the hobby pure and not diluted with counterfeits. Thanks John

S
S
Hi. SFJOHN,here. Was hoping to get privileges to contact another member about an item that was for sale. I’m not very computer literate and am struggling trying to figure out how to navigate the site. When I took computer science in college we used IBM PUNCH CARDS. I hope that l am honoring protocol.

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
To contact a member, login on the upper right on any Shop Talk page. Then click on the member's name to the left of a message he posted. Choose "Profile" to learn a member's email address or phone number. Some members hide their email address, so you'd need to send a PM Private Message. Sometimes a phone number in in a Profile.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
B
B
I have 15 soda signs from the 1930s I would like to sell. I am asking for privileges to do that. My ex husband used his login for all oldgas communications so my usage was limited. This is all I have to sell so I really don’t have anything to post. Lol. I tried using the contact link to ask, but it is not working. Thank you! 😁

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
To request an upgrade to sell or ask for help with using the forum, please click the "Contact" link near the top of most pages on Oldgas.com.

The Contact form is working fine. All required boxes must be filled in properly.

Please read the For Sale Guidelines to see if you have met the qualifications:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161199

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
K
K
I have been on here for a long time. Have bought over the years from several members but I have never sold. My email was hacked several years ago and is now a different one. I have been trying to request an upgrade to sell on here but the procedure window wont let me get through. I can still get signed on to my account and get to my messages but can't reach a moderator. Please help, Kan kustom (my screen name).

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by kan kustom
I have been on here for a long time. Have bought over the years from several members but I have never sold. My email was hacked several years ago and is now a different one. I have been trying to request an upgrade to sell on here but the procedure window wont let me get through. I can still get signed on to my account and get to my messages but can't reach a moderator. Please help, Kan kustom (my screen name).

Hi kan kustom,
We have 3 issues here. 1st issue: Changed email address. After you login on the forum, click on your user name at the login spot on the upper right of any forum page. Choose "Edit Profile" from the drop down menu. Then edit your email address to your current one and click to "Save." After that, watch for an immediate verification email to the new address. Click on the link in that message to verify the address, otherwise any email change will not take effect.

2nd issue: Contacting Oldgas.com If you're having trouble with our email form after clicking "Contact" at the top of forum pages, you can always send a PM Private Message through the forum. Click on my user name in the left panel of the post just above this. Then choose "Private Message" from the drop down menu. Fill in and send the private message.

3rd issue: Requesting an upgrade to sell items on the forum. As you mentioned, there is a requirement to have 4 posts that demonstrate you know how the forum works and to upload a photo into one of your posts. Good photos are essential for successful selling.
On the post submission form, click on "Attachment Manager" to upload a photo into your message.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369

Looks like you have not uploaded a photo on the forum yet. Please make a new forum post that includes a photo of yours. A post in "Welcome New Members" with a photo of something in your collection would be ideal. Then send me a "Contact" message or a PM private message to let me know and I'll make sure the upgrade is enabled.

Thanks for your participation and patience,
JP

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved