Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Not a repro. Fantasy.

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
I still like it either way so no buggy to me I have a couple others that have offered me a pretty nice profit on it knowing it is a old fantasy piece.so I'm happy with it either way

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: indiananationals
I have a couple others that have offered me a pretty nice profit on it knowing it is a old fantasy piece.so I'm happy with it either way

and that's what it's all about......or is it?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
without being properly marked as a fantasy piece... it is bound to fool an unsuspecting buyer in the future, even if you sell it for what it is.

if I was rich with unlimited funds, I'd offer you your money back just to have a shattering party with it at Iowa Gas next year... seems like something DB would be proud of.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Originally Posted By: Neil Gerrard
I have a couple others that have offered me a pretty nice profit on it knowing it is a old fantasy piece.so I'm happy with it either way

and that's what it's all about......or is it?

No I'm planning to hang it in my house right now is what I'm saying I'm happy with it for myself its not always about the money I have many items I could turn profit on but I like the so I hang onto them to display for myself

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Guys the company only stopped using the Red Indian name around 1950 .I have calendars and pics of the signs up after 1946 . So why would anyone repro a sign in he 5o"s that makes NO sense . Someone out there knows the truth . Again I tell myself and other guys look at the old pics . Ask the old guys that lived it . Chances are you will make out alright .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sit tight, surely it will be coming to an auction near you soon. whether ebay, kiji, local auction house, craigslist, facebook, etc. remember its ALL about the money

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It would take a darn good piece of hard evidence to convince me it's not a fantasy piece. No hear say or old timer talk for me on this one.

Daryl
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I would sure hate to have some of these guys on OLDGAS sitting on a jury ,, GUILTY, without any evidence either way,, " It is what it is "... this is still a free country to buy what you like and do what you want,, not like some of those country's that are at war all the time. This is North America !!

Last edited by Wes Hague; Sun Sep 28 2014 05:16 AM.

Wes.......
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Amen Wes.......whoever wants to spend their money on whatever is still legal...as far as I know anyway.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i dont think anyone cares that Randy bought it... they just dont want to see it used to fool more people in the future - thats all.

imagine if no one ever bought or resold any signs from India... we wouldn't be in the situation we are now with those signs. the problem is, someone sees a heavy porcelain sign from India that they can get for $100 and they know that they can fool someone into paying $500 once they are selling it as a US-based seller. and then greed ensues.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Showed it to Matthews & Morphy both was told it is definitely old they dated it 1950's and said they felt it was reproduced of one of the signs but wasn't something made the other day it had major age to it

If, I was those guys...I'd be pretty angry that you had dragged my good name into your self serving greedy little venture.

Wasn't too long ago they were tricked by a Hobby Lobby Ford pail. They thought it was also from the 50's.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554217&page=all

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
I'm not dragging anyone threw the mud at least they were nice enough to take the time to look at it I understand there will always be a few on here who are stuck in there ways with there hrsd up there ***** but I will not let u few bother me I have actually had multiple members on here contact me about this piece that really like it good or bad and have made offers to buy it as it is but right now I will probably hang onto it

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
So far from what I have read on this blog, NOBODY has proven it to be repro or original so why do some have it carved in stone that it is repro,,, to me it's ok to have an opinion on whether it's original or repro.
BUT telling someone what they should buy or not buy and you hope he drops it and breaks it into a million pieces ? Really ?

Wes.......
W
W
Fellas--This has been a good discussion on this piece up until some of you let personal feelings take over.
If you want to continue discussion of the item, that is fine, but if personal issues continue, the thread will be locked.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved