Next Thread
Print Thread
#543846 Sun Jun 22 2014 08:08 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Was nos when I got it dated 2-53. I clear coated it and put my name in white field on top and mounted it on the gable end of gas station. Probably not a rare sign but surely a hard to find one. In excellent condition, measures 3x6 ft. Asking $1500 plus the ride. I'll put in plywood for shpg and it is a self framed sign.

DSCF2068.JPG
Outdoor Coca-Cola sign

Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Green lettering on top is vinyl so can be taken off easily.

I think clear coating it killed the value quiet a lot...from a collectors point of view. Still.. a very nice looking sign. Good luck.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
From this collector view I did it to display outdoors to keep it from fading and it worked very well. I have also bought signs that were cleared already without hesitation. I've heard all the BS about what you're saying and don't really agree. I have a Pepsi at my paint guys now getting resprayed with clear coat. I pulled this coke sign off my gas station b4 it started going downhill and as far as I'm concerned it's like a no 9+ sign. Guess it's what turns your crank.

Here we go guys.. I should not have told him how it is in the real collectors world..I do wish him well on the sale of it though since it is a great looking and in the best of condition sign. Meanwhile...back at the ranch.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Bought my first sign about 1983. Am I qualified to be in the real collector world? Still have the sign too and a lot more after that. I used to buy signs around Wis and ship them out to Butch Greer and he would send me a check. Then they were really cheap. Butch just started in the petro world. It was during Reagonomics time then, am I qualified yet? Butch has become a top respected collector since then.This site was much more friendly then but as with all things it has evolved and not much of the old gang are on here now. Tell us more about collecting petro stuff Carl,tnx for the good wishes tho.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved