Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr Bill Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Good morning. Yesterday my friends got togather and drove me to my first gas bash in Fontana, California, 28th annual Original Gas Bash. I was in an electric wheel chair and felt as I drove around I was always in the way people having to move because of me I didn’t like that feeling. Well I managed to take a few pictures for your enjoyment. If your wondering did I buy any thing? Why yes I did I bought an original Ethyl add glass, now I need to find another one... Also a Large Lunkenheimer three chime Railroad Steam Whistle I have always wanted one. A couple of Richfield pictures and some oil bottles. Almost bought a Bennett 543-F I think that’s what model it was. You can see a picture of it; it was in a trailer with more pumps for sale it was in Richfield colors with Richfield add glass. Also talked to Dick Bennett super nice guy he’s the one that told me I needed to buy the Richfield add glass I told him I would but there was only one, he then said you need to buy that one and find another one later DUH!! What was I thinking???? Thanks Dick..

Got to run guys, got to get this knee flat, Click the picture link.. http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f398/w...Bash/?start=all

Bill

[This message has been edited by Mr Bill (edited 04-22-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Mr Bill (edited 04-22-2007).]

Bill
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Great Pictures Bill. I keep seeing that B/A credit card sign in your post and the other posts of the show. I tell ya, if it's hard to sell down there, you can send it up here to me and I'll look after it!! Ha! It's good that your up and around a bit Bill. It sure makes a difference on how you feel.
Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bill,
Glad to see ya there. Was kinda surprised with that swollen knee through. Friday was a RAIN OUT, Saturday was Good. Has been better in years past, BUT any bash is GOOD.

Roy said there were 135 more entries that were not there on Friday.
db

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great show as always, rain probably helped me find things as there were cans and signs going cheap first day. Also got one m s 70 pump. Sales were slow, typical for April tax time.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Missed the nearby auction, does anyone know how prices were, was told there were alot of bargains?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures Bill. It's always great to see pictures for those of us who might not ever make it to the west coast shows. Does anyone know whose booth had the Congress Tires flange sign?? Phone number or email?? Thanks,Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the pictures. Love that steam whistle. Saw one at a train museum that was attached to a hand pump. You pumped on it like your were pumping up a bicycle tire. You could get it VERY LOUD the harder you pumped.
Mike

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Bill, do you or Dick or anyone know who had the beer cans ? Thanks, Ed

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was selling the beer cans at the show.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Bill, thanks for posting the photo's & hope you're "mending" ok. You California guys, you won't melt if you get wet!!! LOL

M
Mr Bill Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Good after noon,

Glad you guys liked the pictures. The next bash I attend I will take more pictures seeing as I won’t be in a wheel chair. Also have received a lot of email wondering if I have a name and phone number of who may own certain items seen in the pictures. It’s too bad that all the fenders in intendance don’t have there name and phone number on an 8x10 piece of cardboard on the table. Hey now, there’s a thought… I could take a close up picture of this information. For all to see.

One last thing. I love my Richfield add glass I purchased at the gas bash it looks fantastic in my pump… I need one more boys, anyone got one for sale??

Bill

[This message has been edited by Mr Bill (edited 04-24-2007).]

Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bill,
It sure LOOKS BETTER now than it did laying on the table next to me !
db

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have some, your pic 20.00 ea plus ship...Frank

I collect anything Hyvis oils
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I thought the auction went pretty smoothly and many prices were very reasonable. The three main signs, Kendall, Greyhound Bus & Standard Rest Room Flange, got more then their fair value but that's what happens when pieces are pretty much mint.
Matthews did a great job and we all got a free lunch

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved