Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Need some help on a price for a 2 sided porcelain tombstone sign about 24" x 18"? One side Has Old Gold Motor Oil 25 cents A Quart Gold and green lettering, On the other side It Says 100% Pure Pennsylvania, Penn Pepper, Motor Oil 30 cents a Quart. looking at the picture it looks to be a 8 out of 10 on condition. I know it is early Ashland Oil he wants 1500.00 for the sign I know it is hard for somebody to price a sign without seeing it, but i can not find any reference about this motor oils sign. I have till 4:00 to figure if it is rare enought to give the price he is asking any help you experts will give me will help Thanks Chuck...

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You forgot to add pictures

C
OP Offline
C
Hi Dick, I do not have any a fried took pictuers on his phone and showed them to me I know it is hard to price without pictures but any knoeledge you have about rarity or anything might help me know if 1500.00 might be off the wall for it Thanks for any help..

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Absolutely no way to determine value without decent pictures. It is entirely your call as to value. You can't expect answers when you have not given any information.....pictures....not your personal description....for even a general estimate. Your time line puts you in a corner. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Sat Aug 09 2014 10:31 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As Paul said, to us it's a PIG N A POKE, Might be GOLD but could also be Plated LEAD.
Your on your own. See if your Friend w/ accept Hamburger instead of Steak.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most of us are collector's and we buy items for how they will compliment our collections. If we like it, then it's just matter of converting the "like factor" into a "dollar figure" (in our own minds). I never worry about what an item is worth to anyone else, the only estimate of value that should matter is your own in deciding whether you buy it or not.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It could be a rare $40,000 Sunset sign painted over with latex paint showing 2 different oils.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Guys, The guy who has sign was not home Hope to catch him home next week.

C
OP Offline
C
I sent u the pictures hope u would put them on for me, Thanks Chuck...

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved