Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: cocorico
Fair enough. Than whats the value of my shield amongst collectors?

Originally Posted By: Maxgas
The values given at the top of the link are more accurate. I'm with the Junk King. If you have some for sale that cheep in that condition give me a call.

cocorico asked what its worth to collectors, NOT resale prices to the few uninformed buyers some will find.
There is a condition 8 shield sign for sale at a busy antique store that has been there for months with no takers,
So I stand by my opinion that COLLECTORS will pay $600. without a wink for an ultra common sign here in the northeast.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
I don't know where you guy's buy your signs but iwanna go there and get a truckload. I'll get rich . I've sold this sign that would grade a 5 mabey twice and got 1250.00 both times.
. Jeff , can I go in half's with you on the truck load? I want free bubble up and rainbow stew as well .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I too am an uninformed collector,so please sell me your 6' shield in the grade shown for 800 and I will pay the shipping.

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
C
OP Offline
C
For the record I'm in the Mid-Atlantic

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Apparently the midwest and Northeast have been hording the cheap signs for "collectors".

I get a kick out of people who tell me they are "collectors" not resellers and want a lower price because they aren't going to sell the item..... what kind of bass-ackward person thinks that is logical?

I think hiring a flatbed to get a load for us southern boys sounds like the way to go. Pick up all those $100-350 signs and divide up the spoils!

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I don't think that those types of deals are anywhere...People just want to keep the public uninformed. If you keep yelling its not worth anything...Maybe just maybe someone will believe you. Seems kind of like bullying to me, but whatever. I always want to ask people if they will sell theirs for those low prices since that is all they are saying the the value is. Usually crickets start sounding really loud at those moments.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Let's get a caravan together and head north.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
C
OP Offline
C
Anyone have an idea of how much it weighs?

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
g
Originally Posted By: cocorico
Anyone have an idea of how much it weighs?
I re-read this post and am trying to decide if you own this sign? It seems like you do. If that is the case, go get a bathroom scale and weigh it your self. Common sense, in my opinion? Or am I missing something? Paul www.severngasspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just read this thread and have concluded that sense is not common!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
I just read this thread and have concluded that sense is not common!

LMAO on the that one Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are two ways to look at how to value things...
One is to value something at what you could buy it for.
The other is to value something at what you could sell it for.
It's worth noting that the people that generally quote the higher values are dealers. Obviously they are quoting values they would expect to sell something for and not what they are paying when they buy something for resale.

There's a reason most of the knowledgeable people in the hobby no longer post on here. It's posts like Man Cave made that drives them away.

Carolinaskies, They're not quite 100-350, but obviously cheaper than in some areas. As far as you southern boys buying the signs up here it's been happening for several years. I've sold several signs to some of those southern boys.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The seller was your typical newbie and sold the sign 3 times and kept reselling it to the next person who would offer up the extra $50. Typical newbie mistake putting money in front of integrity. I have seen it on here 100's of times. I'm done even trying to buy from people on here who just joined. I Hope you enjoyed your expensive dinner out with all your extra cash at Apple Bee's.

Last edited by Maxgas; Sat Oct 04 2014 06:52 AM.

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Unfortunately it's not just newbies that do that. There are some long time dealers that will do that as well.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved