Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#562894 Sun Aug 24 2014 06:54 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Heard about the earthquake in the bay area. Hope everyone is doing ok. The thought of having my globe collection in a earthquake prone area would keep me up at night. I just have to worry about those pesky hurricanes and tornadoes!

Last edited by TheGriffin; Sun Aug 24 2014 06:56 AM.

Looking for any Alabama based globes and advertising such as Coastal, Rebel, Interstate Oil, Foster Oil (supertane), Mutual, Oil Well, etc...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Whether it's a Hurt-i-canes, Turd-na-does or Earth-quake Farts,
WHEN It's your time, WELL, there not much you can do except put your head between your legs & ....!
Most amusement park rides last longer than earthquakes, Enjoy the ride.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Lots o broken wine bottles.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Because globes tend to be what I focuse on, I can't imagine the carnage of thousands of broken globes across Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missippi, Missouri, and Illinois when the New Madrid fault lets loose with a 7.6 mag earthquake. A lot of those folks dont even know they are sitting on a huge fault that is overdue.

Looking for any Alabama based globes and advertising such as Coastal, Rebel, Interstate Oil, Foster Oil (supertane), Mutual, Oil Well, etc...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Gotta go again with Dick on this one. I live in Illinois. But with a minor in Meteorology, living where I do, the complete devastation a tornado can do, to say the least straight line winds of 75 to 100 mph , large hail, micro burst,and derechoes, I will take my chances on the New Madrid fault. The weather in this neck of the woods can always turn bad and deadly winter or summer. Not every 100 yrs. I will be long out of here at 62 yrs old.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I also hope everyone of our Old Gassers in that area are fine and my family and I are thinking about them. We have relatives in Sacramento and will be calling shortly. Prayers to all

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOKE ME UP and we are 90 plus miles away!! First thing I did was get up and run out and look at my globe collection!!!!Everything was OK!! Jim

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: hancock-oil
WOKE ME UP and we are 90 plus miles away!! First thing I did was get up and run out and look at my globe collection!!!!Everything was OK!! Jim

...and then you ran back in and checked on the wife.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Griffin , with over a century + of underground mining in most of our part of the country ,if the new Madrid ever busts loose in our life time it sure will be a bad one , the corvette museum cave in comes to mind .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dave
She would of come first but She was off at a button show in Lincoln California (200 plus miles away) and it woke her up also.

West Coast signs, globes and quarts

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved