Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#570560 Thu Sep 25 2014 10:44 AM
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Guide to Gas Pump Globes cd, bought this when the guys came out with it a couple years ago, but I just don't use it, much prefer the book. I put this in the computer one time and never used it again. $30 shipped, no Paypal, Thank you...

DSC_1495.JPG
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

E
E
I'll take it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I understand you don't use it but once you downloaded it to your computer like we all have done... You don't need the cd again till the computer goes down. That is like downloading any software... You don't need the cd but isn't it unethical to sell it?

Fine line? Am I wrong for thinking this way?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Sounds great Keith, Thank you...

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Jarvis,
I didn't download anything, I installed the cd once, before it even had a chance to load, got busy with something else, and off I went. That's actually part of what I don't like about it, I pick up a book, the info is there, with my computer, I had to wait. I'm thinking the worst you can say is I have no patience. I personally wouldn't consider that unethical, this is a cd I have never used, and won't ever use, and figured I'd pass it on...

Last edited by neatoldstuff; Thu Sep 25 2014 11:34 AM. Reason: terrible spelling!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gotcha.
Your supposed to download the cd and then it runs off your computer. It's way faster than the book!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought you had download it and used it and now don't use it. I understand now

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love this CD ...I hope Scott and Wayne do a update soon !! I bet trying to keep up with prices are driving those two nutz !! smile Brian

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
I didn't really think about it Jarvis but I also see where you're coming from. To be honest, I didn't even know it was "downloadable". And no, I won't take the time now to download it either, my pc is too dang slow now with all the stuff on it. I just figured you put this into your computer and it starts up. I can see where it would be a great "tool" for those who collect and use it all the time, I'm just not one who will ever use it at all.

This is how "old fashioned" I am, even knowing it would be much faster if I did have a need for it, I'll still take a good old fashioned book any day! When this came out it sounded like a good idea, but Scott said at that time he couldn't put all that info in book form. But I read somewhere recently, had to be PCM magazine, that he found a way to do that, so in a couple years, when they get that done, I might consider that, although most likely not as I wouldn't have much use for that either.

Last edited by neatoldstuff; Thu Sep 25 2014 11:51 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He did an article on taking the Cd to like a kinkos and they can print it out. The book is 547 pages long.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
What's a CD? laugh

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza
What's a CD? laugh

I think it goes in a beta player.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Only draw back is the search feature on my Galaxy 3 phone its slower than a govt refund check.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We are actively developing a replacement and there is a beta version (sorry, Ryan, that beta as in development, not as in Betamax) in PDF format that we have made hundreds of changes to, mostly in the histories. The print version as discussed in PCM is now technically capable, but the current PDF version runs to almost 600 pages. In a printed 8.5" x 11" standard book layout, the book would be three inches thick, and weigh nearly six pounds. While possible, we are trying to figure out the practical. It would be a huge book and cost over $100, and we are just not sure how many we can sell. Thoughts, Anyone?

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
WOW, a lot of grief for a 30.00 CD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved