Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Neil Gerrard #571568 Mon Sep 29 2014 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards

And I believe that if I didn't know for sure what the background of an item was... I would be correct by describing the item as "good barn decor".... I would not be making any assertions as to the authenticity and/or age of the item...

I usually dont post on these topics as I hate the drama. But this one has gotten my attention.
Bob,
The quote i have of yours above is a very valid statement. I know i did not report this item as it is on thin ice as if it is list "correctly" or not.
I believe this guy is trying to scam people by choice wording which i do not agree with being a buyer and seller on eBay.

Originally Posted By: Neil Gerrard

That is exactly what this seller and others like him are doing at best. More likely they are lying, Granpa's estate my aching toe. Why give any of them the benefit of the doubt, they don't deserve it

Neil,
i agree here as well also. Lying is one of the common things on eBay to get personal gains. I just tend to shy away from these sellers as eBay will do nothing about them as they are not claiming it to be Original.

Here is eBay's favorite tune BTW. You get this when you call customer service.
Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)

Last edited by mcguffeyd1; Mon Sep 29 2014 07:15 PM.

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Neil Gerrard #571584 Mon Sep 29 2014 07:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A "good barn decor" item can be anything.... It can be an item that is "real", "fake", "fantasy", "whimsy" ... etc...

To argue about semantics, seems so unproductive, in so many ways....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #571591 Mon Sep 29 2014 08:23 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ebay policy: reproduction/fantasy signs are supposed to be listed in the reproduction category. Listing in the category he did, is against ebay policy. Pump sign is an outright lie same thing goes on his other items. The insinuation of age by using Grandpa's barn is just more shady business. I believe on closer examination of this sellers bids, a computer guy could tell if the bids are shills.
Obviously ebay doesn't care to stop these crooks because they are making money off them.
If you think he isn't doing anything wrong you are entitled to your opinion, I hate that you defend this kind of activity on ebay.
I for one have watched the value of small porcelain signs drop like a rock because people can't tell what's real or bogus.

Bob Richards #571594 Mon Sep 29 2014 08:26 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
You can dance around this and call it all sorts of things, but I think in the end most all of us know that the guys selling these damaged, aged repops with vague listings are just plain crooks. Yes, there are plenty of uneducated buyers out there too and that is never good. However, many of the guys selling these signs have multiple listings and have to "know the difference". It's unfortunate they don't also know right from wrong.

Bob Richards #571600 Mon Sep 29 2014 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's not semantics Bob, I'm talking about what you said you wouldn't put in the description (you think it's a fake), not what you would, again hypothetical (your hypothesis) but it explains your view on sellers like this. I just disagree.
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
A "good barn decor" item can be anything.... It can be an item that is "real", "fake", "fantasy", "whimsy" ... etc...

To argue about semantics, seems so unproductive, in so many ways....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved