Next Thread
Print Thread
#582665 Wed Nov 26 2014 08:27 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Hi all! I'm heading to Washington DC tomorrow morning and coming home Sunday morning. I don't know much about the area so I was hoping some of you could recommend some places to go antiquing or maybe some collectors to visit. Probably nothing further than one and a half hours away from DC. An area with lots of antique stores regardless of what they have might be good. Thanks in advance for any leads! Please PM or post them here.

chris

I probably posted this in the wrong category. Can't keep up with the changes here. Hope it gets moved rather than deleted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
I lived just outside of DC for 3 years. There is the Georgetown flea market every Sunday that had some neat things when I would go, but never found any signs really. And if you go to Leesburg, which is 45 mins or so away because of traffic, there are several cool antique stores. And if you go down route 15 near Leesburg, there are several antique stores. I actually bought my first sign at a store called Lucketts and got a ridiculous deal on it.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Cool! Thanks for the info.

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Let me know if you check out any of those places.

R
R
Was down in that area in September and drove down to Raleigh to take in the Farm Aid concert. Stopped in Fredericksburg Virginia which is about not to far south of DC. A whole pile of antique shops in the old downtown area with some neat old signs which were too big to fly back with me. Also a neat old pharmacy with a soda fountain countr still in it. Check out the town, lots of civil war history in that whole area.

N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
^^^yeah ive been there..cool town..but the traffic trying to get there is disgusting.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Theres a pretty cool place called the"Smithsonian" right near the center of DC. Lots of old stuff there. PS. Dont even THINK of shoplifting there.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
LOL! Thanks Jim. My brother lives here so we've done the museum/ monument thing many times. The American History Museum was redone a few year ago. A few nice pumps in there but I need to see something I can add to my collection.
And thanks for the leads guys. We are actually in Alexandria so going south to Fredericksburg might make sense. We'll talk to my brother this morning and see what he thinks.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved