Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52850 Thu Aug 02 2001 09:18 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
We are very sorry that a Michigan auctioneer has harvested a large number of email addresses from public pages of this Web site to spam our users with a promotion of his auction. His action is a violation of the privacy and site use policy of this site.

http://www.oldgas.com/policy.html

We have notified him of the violation, And we are considering taking restrictive action against him.

Your comments?

The management of Oldgas.com

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#52851 Mon Aug 06 2001 06:43 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
If it is for a petro-related auction, I'm all for notification. Maybe he should have just posted, but somehow or another, I like to keep up with what's going on.
Seth/Vic's Place

#52852 Mon Aug 06 2001 10:30 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Seth,

The auction in question was already listed on our oldgas.com Events page and on our Shop Talk Petroliana News forum category. If anyone wants to find out about events or publish info about an event, those pages are free and available.

Gathering email addresses from this Web site to send unsolicited mass email is never acceptable for any reason. Users may always correspond via email with others individually.
I occasionally get requests from users who no longer want their email address listed in the Collectors Roster or other places on oldgas.com due to spam. So spam hurts our community by making more collectors less accessable. One of our top priorities is to connect people in our hobby together to benefit everyone.

The management of Oldgas.com

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved