Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#512 Sat Dec 06 2003 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just want to tell all the new oldgas members it's great to have them aboard!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have about pumps, signs, globes and cans. If you know the answer to someone else's question jump right in with the answer.

There are alot of great rescources here at oldgas. You can navigate around the site very easily. Be sure to check out the oil can album on the pictures page.

We have alot of fun with Quart Of The Month, Globe Of The Month, Collectible Of The Week, and we occasionally feature Sign Of The Month and Pump Of The Month. If you have anything that fits our featured catagory please post a picture. If you need help with pictures just ask.

This is a great site, with a bunch of really good guys participating. It's a great place to learn about petroliana, buy and sell, and make friends.

Jim Potts makes this site available to us for free. The Classified Ads, and the Banner Ads help support this site. So please patronize the companies that advertise here (and tell them you saw their ad on oldgas!). This site gets a small commission from Amazon.com when you order books through this site. You can search for petroliana on ebay from here too. Everytime you bid on an ebay auction from here this site gets a nickel. These things all help support this site and keep it free for the members.

Again, welcome! Jump right in and have fun with the rest of us!!!!!
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#513 Sat Dec 06 2003 02:04 PM
D
D
Thanks for the warm welcome Bob. I found this site about a week ago and its fantastic, and the members have already help me out alot. Talked to Seth at Vics Place (Great Guy)the otherday and he put a catalog in the mail for me and answered a few questions while I had him on the phone.

Bennett 966
69 Camaro 396 Hugger Orange
Harley RoadKing
#514 Sat Dec 06 2003 04:06 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Welcome new guys,a little over a month ago we gave celebration to oldgas for 1500 members, then two weeks ago its was for 1600 now we have 42 more new guys an gals. thats great. jump right in, ask . if you have questions but are thinking how to ask. on every post look up by the reply (search) you can go in there and ask you might find what your looking for right there. I have. just like Bob says , have fun, injoy. and ask .

#515 Sat Dec 06 2003 04:55 PM
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Thanks for the welcome! I have had several folks email and respond to my ad already. Thanks for all the help. Hope to see many of you this year at the shows!

------------------
Hotboat

Hotboat
#516 Sun Dec 07 2003 07:39 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I appreciate you guys letting me be a part of oldgas.com! I'm fairly new at this hobby, almost 2 years, and I need all the help I can get!! I have found that members on this site are very knowledgeable and eager to help. THANKS oldgas!

#517 Sun Dec 07 2003 08:17 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks, from the oldtimers that help. Me, I'll see all you right siders at the Spring Dixie gas bash at Chips. we even have some left siders flying in. But anytime any of you have questions ask. thats what were here for. TO HELP YOU. and we learn also...

#518 Sun Dec 07 2003 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks, Boys! Much obliged for the red carpet (well almost) treatment! I'm getting help already and just a member for 2 days! The best is yet to come 'cuz I know that I'm hangin' with some real rocket scientists (well almost)....and to think I've been into this hobby since 1985!

LARRY a.k.a. "DOC" of The American Garage West & East

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 12-07-2003).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved