Next Thread
Print Thread
#100404 Sat Apr 01 2006 11:09 AM
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
A few weeks ago, Chris Holt expressed an interest in my B/A tanker truck, and I gave him a bit of history on the little bit that I know of them. Today, my Uncle and Aunt were in visiting and we were downstairs looking at my collection and Uncle Arnold said that he bought that exact same truck for my 2 cousins in 1957 for $14.75, which was alot of money back then. They both would ride on the truck together, my Aunt said she had a picture of them on the truck, so she is going to see if she can find it and I'll scan it. I told Uncle that those trucks are upwards of $1500.00 now in mint shape and closing in on that restored. They don't have the truck anymore, they either gave it to one of my other cousins or sold it at one of their auctions.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 04-01-2006).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#100405 Sat Apr 01 2006 03:20 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Thanks ken , I sure like them tankers,I've been in a Hundred Antique shops in Canada and have never seen a B-A tanker, Now that I know there out there I will look a little harder, I seen an ad for a Buddy L texaco tanker a while back you know the one from the 50's, I called the guy the price was right so I sent him a money order, two weeks later I get this tanker trailer that was a Texaco Buddy L But in bad condition , and the truck was from something else and it was in worse condition ,Like the old saying Buyer beware, anyway I decided to hang on to it , In hopes of finding the correct truck for it someday then have T-Way repaint it for me and put some Red Indian Decals on it. no matter what I still think Tankers are cool . Thanks for the Pic's

Chris Holt
#100406 Sat Apr 01 2006 06:43 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Hi Chris.
Keep on looking, I found the correct truck for my smaller Marx tanker about a year after I bought it. Yeah, the B/A tankers are out there, just like everything else, they're getting harder to find and more money. Good Luck!
Ken.

#100407 Sat Apr 01 2006 11:44 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
search minitoy tanker..

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved