Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Bob, you're right, that Wadhams stuff is hard to find. And yep, it's like looking through two haystacks but I keep meeting so many great people. Each willing to share knowledge or keep an eye out for me. So, I've got the pitchfork and I'm going after them one at a time.
What a group, what a hobby.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
BOB,I worked in the oil industry and was a Mobil Distributor for 16 years in Miami,Fl; I picked up very little in Miami always working.Nita would give a guy money to buy me oil stuff when he went to shows for gifts for my birthday or Christmas etc....here is a 1980 Christmas morning picture of my first Mobil and Atlantic globe that Nita gave me (ain't it great).

I only had a few Mobil items when we retired to Kentucky in 1997,thats when I started collecting as a hobby.
I have been blessed with a GREAT wife.
Thanks Rex

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Who is that young looking guy?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I was working for the Superior Oil Company in Houston, TX when they were acquired by Mobil in 1984. At the time I was into old cars, but at the Pate Swap Meet that year in Fort Worth I spotted a small cone-top can of Mobil touch-up paint and a tin toy Mobilgas tanker truck........and, well, you can probably figure out the rest. Sold the can a few years ago, but still have the truck.........

Richard

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Richard you CAN sell another CAN that foreign French oil can belongs in Kentucky you know we have a Paris,Kentucky and the city is changing there name sooooo you better sell me that can.we like French stuff in Owenton,Ky.
REX LIKES RICHARDS STUFF

P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
As I mentioned earlier, the first Pegasus trademark / logo image was used by Vacuum Oil Company South Africa in 1911, and the flying horse was white rather than red. Following are pictures of an interesting paper item that features the white Pegasus. It’s a six-page “brochure” that contains sheet music for a song entitled “Pegasus – Pegasus, Every Time”. It’s written in both English and Afrikaans and measures 10” x 12”….so it’s slightly larger than my scanner bed. Shown here are the front and back covers…..

The inside front cover includes this image of a gasoline pump and a square Mobiloil “A” can…….

The can look familiar but not the pump…..it appears to have a clock face……maybe one of you pump guys can tell use something about it. The oval globe is what caught my eye………..I’d guess the letters are white on a red background. I WANT ONE…..I WANT ONE!!!!!

The song is kinda hokey, as you can see from these images…………

This document probably dates from between 1911 and about 1930. Notice the words between the red diamonds on the second image just above……..I’m guessing the meaning of “hooters” in 1920’s South Africa was slightly different than in the U.S. at the end-of-the-century……………but I could be wrong!!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Speaking of globes.......I don't have too many, but here they are.......

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 03-29-2005).]

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Vacuum cabinet just about full- need some more Gallon cans- the 5qts dont really belong there

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Richard I LOVE it the sheet music is so kool and the Globes outstanding.
Thanks for the work.
Don Most Mobil 5 quarts I have seen looken good.
REX LIKES MOBIL

P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Only two more days on this wonderful adventure...........here's some more signs and globes.........

And three cans that just arrived today!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I'm sure I heard someone out there say "what about Gargoyles?" Well we got soma dem too.............

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi My find of the morning -at dawn at a flea market- the elusive 3 lb Mobil round cans that go in the round holes on top of old gargoyle cabinet- CC 5 lb and 5 lb Mobilubricant cans that I have never seen before- all Vacuum oil- all still full-

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[This message has been edited by 5 quart (edited 03-30-2005).]

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Richard,
Is that a Gargoyle sign globe on the book case?
Don,
What an amazing score!

Great job on COTM Richard and everyone that contributed. THANKS!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Bob - that is in fact a porcelain globe that would have been displayed on a Gargoyle Oil cabinet.

Here's a couple of license plate toppers attached to old Nebraska plates that were submitteed by "danceswithpumps". Thanks Rod!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this has been a truly great cotm I've enjoyed it a lot.here's a sign I haven't seen in the pages which surprises me but better late than never I guess enjoy.

Hope ya'll enjoy have a wonderful COTM for april looking forward to it.I absolutely love this site everyone here is top notch keep up the excellent work.

Got Socony???

Tom
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved