Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101921 Wed May 07 2003 11:25 AM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
well - I have had my eye on this old gas station at the crest of shoreline WA that went out of buisiness years ago. It was all boarded up with no tresspassing signs so I could never get in there to poke around. I pass it everyday to take the kids to School. Today when I was driving by ..There were dump trucks and a backhoe and a guy clearing stuff out. I got excited and after dropping the kids off I went back to talk with him. he said oh - there aint nothin of value like tins or signs in there but go ahead and poke around because everything is going to the dump. Man this place was packed with crap - engines of all kinds in various stages of disassembly - lots of old outboard engines and just various parts and junk everywhere. He was kind of right ...no signs tins globes or gas pumps ...i di dget some licsence plates and this 5 foot tall 76 cabinet though

The cool thing aboout the cabinet was it was filled with stuff - most of it was garbage but I did uncover a set of metal dollies for banging out dents in sheet metal. I didnt have any and was happy to have them. There also was sandpaper and drill bits and other littles in the cabinet. I betcha there were more tools and stuff in there but he was literally scooping stuff up with the backhoe and loading it into a dumptruck (This stuff was just piled high in there). I wish I caught him before they started to "scoop" the stuff but he wanted me to be out of his way- so he helped me load the cabinet into the blazer. He was a nice guy and I thanked him. I was hopin' for a pump but beggers cant be choosers.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba, hunting for gas and oil in Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#101922 Wed May 07 2003 11:38 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Check for signposts, air meter poles, or wall mounts, porcelain lights, I am sure you checked, but if the guy is there ask again , some guys used air meter stands for grinders.Ask him what he has at home.
BTW you are slayin me again with your posts.....................DODOGAS

#101923 Wed May 07 2003 12:35 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Dodo - I looked for all that stuff - this guy was just the demolition guy - The whole building is going down - they are gonna make it a lil park /gateway to the Shoreline Community.
Hubba, the thorough Fatboy in shoreline WA

#101924 Wed May 07 2003 01:11 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Hubba, you think like I do----ain't nothing I won't tote home if it's free......
and people wonder why landfills are full(!)

Like they say on Monster Garage....... FREEEBEEE!!!!!

#101925 Wed May 07 2003 01:19 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yipper
Hubba, sayin' yipper in Shoreline WA

#101926 Wed May 07 2003 02:23 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
You need to go back and git this guys name and number for other old stations that he might have lined up , tell him if he lines you up with a good find before he tares it up you'll take him to my house for dinner, git the info. do the thing,don't stop.

#101927 Wed May 07 2003 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I THOUGHT I WAS A SCROUNGER,, BUT HUBBA HAS ME BEAT.. YOUR ALL SCROUNGERS,, BUT THATS COOL, THATS HOW YOU FIND STUFF.. COOL FIND HUBBA.. GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOUISE GOT OUT OF HER PEN, GOTTA CATCH HER FOR WHEN DWAINE COMES OVER TO SEE HER SHE HAS LOT'S OF ENERGY.. LATER FRANK.. FRANK..

#101928 Wed May 07 2003 04:22 PM
djhubba Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yipper
Hubba, sayin Yipper again in shoreline WA

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings