Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#102580 Mon Nov 03 2003 09:21 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Dodogas sent in these pics of vintage gas globe manufacturer's advertisements. Don't get to see this too often!

Thanks for sharing these with us, Frank.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#102581 Mon Nov 03 2003 09:53 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
This ad was found in a 1935 Signs of The Times, if anyone else has any original glob-makers literature lets have a peek at it.
The bottom of the ad says New Beauty--New Economy--"Nu-Type", so I asssume it is near the start of production. Its also says "A rustless metal fastener is fitted to each side of the glass frame, holding sign faces tightly to the sides. Very simple and easy to assemble. Utilization of a glass frame, with side walls removed, assures better illumination from the current consumed. It also decreases shipping weight. Uniformly luminous and can be kept permanantly bright and glistening by an occasional washing. Write for your special NU-TYPE circular...MACBETH-EVANS GlASS COMPANY, Charleroi, Penna.
Up top it says If a single part should ever be broken, they can be replaced from stock without the necessity of buying a new globe.
The Indian sign on the other side is supposedly glass, I dont know where it would be used perhaps a display at a trade show??
I believe this company also made glass cylinders for visible pumps..
I dont know how many produced this type of globe, i think they were used here on the West Coast ...dodogas

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 12-11-2003).]

#102582 Thu Dec 11 2003 09:37 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Bringing it back up, as there was a question on a name on a glass cylinder by this maker...........dodogas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved