Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Jpessek Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm in the process of buying an old building in town and in the process I found some old pictures of it and in 1945 it had 2 gas pumps in front of it. They've been gone along time my dad who's close to 70 can't even remember them. I thought it would be neat to some day to put a couple pumps back out in front of it for looks. Does anyone know what brand of pumps and what the globes say? I tried zooming in on the globes but they're too fuzzy to read.
http://x0e.xanga.com/f7c81617d735825302900/m17827937.jpg
http://x58.xanga.com/6f2891f6c913125302543/m17827697.jpg
http://xf1.xanga.com/49de84455905222113433/w15722040.jpg

The last one is a picture of the whole building I'd only be buying the portion on the left. The John Deere part is owned by someone else.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLD GAS.
It appears to be WAYNE 615's & possibly [on dark pump] a FORTIFIDE SKELLY GLOBE.
db

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 12-29-2005).]

Online Cool
The globe on the left pump looks to me like it could be a Skelly Fortified Gasoline with the Skelly "S" diamond in the center. The 1945 time frame would be right for that. The globe on the right could be an En-ar-co White Rose globe. That brand had several globes with a white horizontal band and a small logo in the center. I'm guessing it might be an Ethyl logo in the center with "White" above and "Rose" below.
It's is not all that unusual to see two or more brands at one location in the old days.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
First of all a big Welcome to Old Gas the best darn site on the net. Ok enough sucking up lol. I would have to agree with DB on this. What a great chunk of property to own. The possibilities are endless. You could live in the top part & have a great shop & rec room downstairs. I love old buildings & the possibilities they give. Good luck & keep us posted.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
J
Jpessek Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank's for all your help. It amazing how you guys can look at a blurry old picture and figure out all the details. I found a picture of a Skelly Fortified globe and I agree I think that's it, does anyone make reproductions of it? but I can't find a picture of the White Rose Globe. Anyone know where I can find a picture of it?

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Jpessek:

There are a couple of White Rose reproduction globes available and a couple of different Skelly globes available.

Just check out the major restoration houses listed elsewhere on this site. I'm sure that they will be happy to help you out.

Later . . .

im

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

Online Cool
Here is a photo of the White Rose globe I think is in your photo. The image is from "Gas Globes, Amoco to Mobil" copyright PCM Publishing, used here with permission. The book is available by clicking "Bookstore" at the top of this page.
I am not aware that this globe has been reproduced. If found, an original would be too valuable to risk display outside. Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image.

There is a different repro White Rose gas globe on eBay right now from Pogogas.
7209296200 Copy and paste that number in the eBay search box at the bottom of this page. Other vendors can be found by clicking on "Parts" at the top of this page.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved