Next Thread
Print Thread
#103090 Thu Feb 06 2003 11:10 PM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
freezin cold here in mn. now w/SNOW!!! i pulled a m&s 80 tall top (covered with snow) out from behind my garage yesterday cause i noticed it is visible from a road now w/the new house const started way behind me. they wacked a bunch of trees down. (im gettin more neighbors) yaaaay!!! (decided im keepin a little junk pile behind the garage just cuz im a rebel) anyway its a tall top curved ad glass & i took the top off & was puttin it on another 80 & i thought id put a globe on it like others i have. but this top isnt indented for a globe holder like my other curved ad glass tops. Man your not kiddin when you say there are many combinations of these 80s. bases, tops, faces, etc... i saw a script top on ebay once w/an indented set back crank like a neptune. oh man i want one of those sides. think of the number of different combos you could have w/these pumps!!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#103091 Fri Feb 07 2003 12:03 AM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
and hey speakin of discovering different things. its funny the way things end up. a pump hound about 40 miles away from me has the cream of the crop! a huge collection. & does absolute "A-1" first class restos. i stop there a few times a year. to see whats new & always end up learning somethin new. anyway, i was lookin at a #60 he was just finishing. & i asked what was with the hole (vent)under the front (chrome) name plate. he says all mine are like this. havent you seen that before? hes got at least 1/2 dozen 60s. & they all are like that. i have at least that many too & not one of mine has a cut out under the wayne name plate. its funny how much they changed these pumps, and what you end up with.

#103092 Fri Feb 07 2003 11:23 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Early m&s pumps with the cast iron tapered base have the sides you are looking for where the crank is recessed.
Larry

larry ivy

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved