Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103354 Sun Mar 16 2003 08:31 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
In addition to gas station stuff, I collect Buick and body shop memorabilia. Items I don't have are hard to come by. Recently I found several items in both categories that I was really happy to find.

Since I have been a Buick dealer body shop tech for over 30 years, the 1950s Buick paint spray can was really special.

This is a reverse paint glass sign with electric lights inside.

I already had these cans of Nu-Enamel auto paint in my collection, so the sign was a great addition to my collection!

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#103355 Sun Mar 16 2003 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for sharing this with us Jim. I didn't know you collected these items. Now when I run across any, they will be headed your way. I'm sure many other guys will do the same. Great stuff!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#103356 Sun Mar 16 2003 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
COOL!!!!! WE CAN POST MORE STUFF LIKE THAT.. I HAVE AN OLD FULLER PAINT PORCELIAN SIGN I'LL POST. I LIKE TO SEE ALL KINDS OF AUTOMOBILE RELATED STUFF.. MAYBE DWAINE COULD POST HIS COLLECTION OF MUFFLER BEARINGS?? OR HIS OLD TURN SIGNAL FLUID CANS?? FRANK..

#103357 Sun Mar 16 2003 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE IS A SIGN. I DON'T KNOW IF FULLER DID AUTOMOTIVE PAINTS?????

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 03-16-2003).]

#103358 Sun Mar 16 2003 01:08 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Frankie,
I don't know if Fuller ever made paint specifically for cars. I've never seen any evidence such as cans, brochures or advertising. But if you go back far enough, many paint makers claimed their paint was good for nearly anything and listed cars along with houses, barns and kitchen tables.

I try to stay with companies that made paints designated for use on cars. Still, that is a lot of them, I'm finding more regularly. A lot of them show people painting Model Ts with a brush.

Remember this site isn't just about gas pumps and gas station stuff. It also includes auto service memorabilia, which covers tires, batteries, spark plugs, body shop, dealer services and any other related garage services and products.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved