Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jkyocom Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Once on a trip in Pennsylvania while we were staying with the relatives, and out searching for petroliana to return home with, we stopped at a gas station. The place was full service, and my brother, who was driving, told the attendant to Fill It Up.

If I had not been paying attention it would not have been funny.....We all know there is a difference in accents from north to south.

The attendand asked my brother
"YA,OIL OK" ?
My brother, who was not paying close attention, heard "Y'all OK".... told the attendant....
We're fine , How are you?
The confused look on the attendant's face was PRICELESS.....LOL
Then I explained to my brother why I was laughing so hard.
20 yrs later it's still funny to me.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I can relate..
During the summer of 1973,our family went camping in a very deep part of southern Illinois.
We always did this every summer,but this was a new area for us as we never ventured that far south before,We grew up around Chicago.
Picture a white w/red interior wood paneld 1966 Ford Country Squire station wagon full of kids and a dog with my Mom & Dad in the front seat,and a rolled up tent on top.
We pull up at a gas station for full service from a guy who resembled Gomer Pyle.Sideways ballcap and all.
He overheard us kids saying how he resembled Gomer,cause as we were pulling away he yells out,.."Hey To You & Yours".
My Mom looks at my Dad as if very offended and then yells back out the window at the attendant "Hate You & Your's Too!".
We we're laughing so hard at my Mother,that I peed in my pants and my sisters squirted shasta soda out their noses.We finally settled down long enough to tell my Mom what he really said,but it was too late,the damage was done.. LOL.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved