Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105296 Wed Nov 07 2007 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just picked this Bennett/SSE 76 up today! I picked up the little G&B Kerosene curb pump yesterday. I have 2 of these little Kero. pumps now both identical, any interest in them?

There's a story behind this 76. I have been after this pump for better than 10 years now. It was in an old barn that was falling down and well hidden from the road. I stop at old farms from time to time and ask if they have any pumps. The old guy who had this one showed it to me over 10 years ago and it was NOT FOR SALE. I talked a while with him and got to know him. I left my number but never got a call. I would stop by about twice a year and check on it and it was always the same story, "I may use it again one day." Well I knew that wasn't going to happen but had to keep checking on it. I got the call yesterday evening and could not believe my ears, "If you still want that old gas pump then come on and get it, I ain't never gonna use it again I guess." I went right straight and paid him and brought it home a while ago. The old barn was about to fall in on it and it was buried in old tires, junk metal etc. I wish I would have had the camera when we were digging it out. It's a super nice complete, straight pump with both face bezels, not even a glass broken. It will be a nice companion to my other 4 ad glass top, internal sight glass 76. It just goes to show that persistance and patience pays off. Other people who knew the guy told me that I would never be able to buy it. Oh well. They're still out there but man it's getting tough to find 'em now! Enjoy.

Mike

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#105297 Wed Nov 07 2007 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SWEET Mike!!!! I love stories like that, let alone, an excelent pump score. I like the Kerosine pump too. I'd love to get one like it. It just seems that I cant get stuff, from your area, to my area.... LOL.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#105298 Wed Nov 07 2007 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sweeet!!!!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved