Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#107823 Sat Aug 09 2003 07:45 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
Not really much of a score, just a tokheim 300. Some old man had it, nothing else to get so I picked this up. If I go too long without a new pump I get the shakes.

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#107824 Sat Aug 09 2003 08:17 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Nice little pump Jeff, fix it up and make your mail box out of it , close to the side walk . good score.

#107825 Sat Aug 09 2003 09:56 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
I am sure there is a city ord. against gas pumps (or mailbox/pumps) in the front yard. I get a letter everytime I leave the trash cans out for an extra day! Now they want $60 in fines when I do it!
It is not a bad pump, was close to me and cheap. This is my second one like this. The guy that bought the first one told me he wanted a second, likes his pumps in pairs. I'll email him and see if he wants to buy it. I was hoping the old man I got it from would pull out a wayne 50 or something cool, no luck. This is all he had so I took it.

#107826 Sat Aug 09 2003 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool King..A Tok 300 was the first pump i ever did.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#107827 Sat Aug 09 2003 11:02 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
I just sat down and wrote down all the pumps I have and have had. I am up to 31 pumps including the haul that is waiting for me up by Dwaine's house. (Tokheim 850 and 4 others) I am sure there will be a few more on that trip, I hope so! I have my eye on a couple more, another GB 98 that is local and some others.
Man, how did I go from one to being over- whelmed by that haul of 15 to jumping to 31 now!? Not bad, got my first pump in March of this year. If I keep this up I will be broke but ave lots of pumps.
I did not know how much I had spent, keep that number away from the wife!
This is a bad addiction, no relief in sight either. I just want more and more, nicer and nicer.

[This message has been edited by aquaelvis (edited 08-10-2003).]

#107828 Mon Aug 11 2003 10:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I bought 2 short 39 doors on the way, then sold them when I got to Iowa, to buy 2 more Tops at the show and 2 before WE got there. Also bought 2-36B porceline parts pumps, without TOPS. Bought a Tok. 45 w/ the glass dome. Sold the Conoco Demand top to a friend that had been looking for 5 or so years. Found alot of parts to finish some pumps.

SURE glad some of you don't take the time off work to go.

Dick

#107829 Mon Aug 11 2003 10:36 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
Dick, you sold the doors!!!!!!! Didn't Rob tell you I asked him to buy a set of short and tall 39 doors for me while you guys were there?????

#107830 Mon Aug 11 2003 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BUISINESS IS BUISINESS!!!!!!!! IF I SPELLED IT RWIHGT???

#107831 Mon Aug 11 2003 11:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff,
You didn't send any $$$ for us to spend.

#107832 Tue Aug 12 2003 08:08 AM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
So that is it? No money? Why did you buy those doors in the first place? To resell a RARE set of 39 short doors!? Or for me and then you got a better offer? I gave my word in asking for those doors to be picked up, I would have paid whatever price for whatever doors you guys brought home, that was the deal. I would not have stuck you guys with them and backed out. I would not have had the luxury of shopping for a better deal afterwards.
Here is part of the email from Rob; "I will look for the short and extra tall doors for you if you like. How much do you want to pay? Let me know so I can buy them for you, and haul them back here."
The last I email I got from him said this:
"Jeff, I printed your request. I will take your list with me and show it to Dick also. We are heading out the door right now."
Where in there does it sound like I needed to send money before you left? I got this email from Rob the day you left, does he say, "Sorry I did not get any money from you so I won't be looking"? NO! He was heading out the door, knowing he did not have money from me and STILL said he was going to look for doors.
I sent Rob a detailed list of what I was looking for and how much I wanted to pay. There was no mention of sending money before, how much would I have sent? It was Rob that said he was getting them, he made referance to you, maybe you didn't know anything about it. I know he did. Your reply was that I did not send money, I assume that you knew, otherwise you would not have known what I was talking about. Unless you knew I asked for the doors you would not have known I did not send money. Sounds like you and Rob talked about it.

Kiki... you are right, business is business, I just thought this was a hobby. In business you need contracts and lawyers, in a hobby you just need a handshake.

#107833 Tue Aug 12 2003 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF I FIND ANY DOORS AQUA I'LL LET YOU KNOW.. I HAD A BUNCH OF THEM LAST WINTER..

#107834 Tue Aug 12 2003 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Geeze Elvis, take a "chill pill". If I know Dick, he was pulling your leg anyway. I guess it worked?

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#107835 Tue Aug 12 2003 11:19 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Elvis, just few thing to remember.. As long as they are packing the doors and paid for them they can do what they want with them. Pretty hard to pull in a guys yard , try to buy something from them while they are looking at the doors they need on your truck., and then say "no I wont sell the doors"
Besides they probably know that they will find more or you might even find some. You got to make what you have on your truck and in your pocket work for you on the road, it is a one shot deal.
They probably have a set for you still, and are laughing so hard they cant even type..lol...OR after your email wondering if they should even bother with them.
Next time show them the money/motivator.
In the end it is up to you to find them, not anyone else.
This does not nescessarily mean you: but I get people all the time saying can you find me this or that; then i do and tell them. I usually get; not right now , too far , too hard, what is their phone#/address??(give it to them if i can get it) etc, etc, etc. For example, someone wants a certain bike i tell them a type of business(only could be 1-3 in town that size) in a small town 3hrs away..they cant deal with it.. too much work to follow a good lead!!
So i give them a lead or tell them where it is once, if they dont follow up ..no 2nd chance !!
When you take a pump with no doors, you know you dont have a pump till you find them , you just have to sit on it....and wait...and it matters less to everyone but you..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Still sitting on a Wayne 70 with a busted base and only one door and not worrying..dodogas

#107836 Tue Aug 12 2003 12:18 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
You can be sure, if I found a wayne 70 base and told you I would get it, I would.
I am still looking for the old style spinner manifold for my 70 too, someday.

[This message has been edited by aquaelvis (edited 08-12-2003).]

#107837 Tue Aug 12 2003 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff,
Rob is working all week at his shop, to make up for shutting it down for a week.
Rob needed a set of tall & short 39 doors for HIS pumps, that he was able to find.
I always look for parts to sell. It just happened to be short doors [helped to pay for the TOPS].
Trade/sell me your 36B Top [that you don't have a need for YET], I'll go buy a 39 short for the doors to trade.
Dick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved