Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I bought a pump that was in the process of being restored. The paint work was done. I just need to put it all back together. Problem is, I did not tear it apart. I got the pump and a couple small boxes of parts. Can some one post some pictures or email them to me how the computer is attached to the mounts and how the mounts attach to the frame? The computer has three mount hols on the base, are all three used? I can only get two to line up and for all I know I have them in backwards or upside down.

I know I have some parts missing also, like the electrical sockets, wiring manifold and the manifold that holds the sight glasses in and the sight glass spinners. Thanks for any help.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The angle rails mount to the frame, horizontal then up on the other side of the angle.
The three ears are used for the computer to mount to the angle.
two go on top and one under the rail.
There is a spacer that goes between the lower computer mount and under the angle rail. The two ear side of the computer goes toward the reset side.

I may have some of the parts you need

[This message has been edited by jkyocom (edited 02-02-2008).]

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I was playing Jonny with it and got it in. Something is not right, the computer is angled down and to the side. I have the two mount points for the computer on the side of the pump where the reset crank is. Any ideas? These pictures are facing the pump, reset handle on the right.

Thanks

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This picture shows both mount brackets, are they both supposed to be hanging down?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wes - I have a Bennett 966 that might have the same type of computer mounting brackets.
If they are the same, this is how my computer sits in the brackets : First off when facing the computer, my reset handle is also on the right side and my brackets are facing the same direction. The computer has three ears...a single ear is on the front right side bracket but does not bolt into the front hole of the bracket,it bolts to the hole directly in back of it and somewhat off to the side. It looks like your computer is bolted in the front hole of the bracket when I look at the pictures you have submitted.
The front ear on the left side has a 2" spacer in the front mounting ear and the rear ear on the left rear mounts directly to the bracket. I hope this makes sense. Hear is my number if you need more info -618-656-5780
I hope this helps and wont cause more confusion.

Kurt

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wes - I might also add that on my 966 the two ear side of the computer is on the nozzle side and not the reset side. Unfortunately I don't have a 766 here for reference, just passing along what MIGHT be the same type of mounting setup.

Kurt

[This message has been edited by K F H (edited 02-03-2008).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i also have a bennett 966 and if you go to test site here on oldgas i posted a picture of the computer before i took it out of the pump i would have posted it here but for some reason it will not let me resize the picture so its a big picture i hope it helps though

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i think its working now so here goes i took alot of pictures with this pump so if you need more let me know for some reason the bennett pumps are hard to put back together so if you need more pictures i can email them to you

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
s932 - Those are some good pics. I think the brackets on Wes'766 look identical to the 966 you have pictured. That is exactly how mine is mounted and it lined up perfect when the face plates went on. The spacer on the front left mounting ear measures 2", and yes Wes the brackets you have on your pump are facing the correct way. The totalizer is facing the front on my pump and the reset is on the right. I think Wes needs to turn the computer so the two computer ears are on the left side. Love the look of those Bennetts!

Kurt

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Sent you an email with 5 pictures of the computer mounting on the bennett 766 we have here. The side of the computer with 2 mounting tabs goes towards the nozzle side. 2" spacer is also on the nozzle side When looking at totalizer side of the computer the nozzle side is on the left. If you need more pix let me know. Good luck Don

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman (edited 02-03-2008).]

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I got the email with the pictures, thanks. They should help me get it in square. Will probably have to wait untill tomorrow, to much lasagna tonight.

Thanks again

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Too much food, not enough beer.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hmmm....My R.A.M. not functioning like it used to. BOY was I off !!
Not enough beer?

Once the mounts are on the computer it should fit either way, shouldn't it?

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all of the help with this. I rotated the computer 180 degrees and finally figured out that my 2 inch spacer was not two inches. It was only about an inch so when I tightened down that mount bolt, it made the computer nose down. I then just backed off the bolt untill it was sitting square and called it good to go. As far as I know, with the right length spacer, the computer will probably go in either way.

I got the computer in, one faceplate, window, add glass on so far. I want to get the sightglass manifold and electrical conduit in it before I got much further.

I put on a Power X globe and matching add glass. It should look good when it get it wired/ lit up.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved