Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The system for eBay affiliates like Oldgas.com will change drastically on October 1. They are changing from paying for a bid, win or not, to paying only for winning bids. It has mostly been a steady stream of little commissions from eBay that has kept the Oldgas.com expense bills paid for the last couple of years. They have increased the commission, but only pay if the winning bidder first visited the auction page from an eBay search box or a "Right Now on eBay" link listing that appears on Oldgas.com.

I'm concerned that the income stream that has been so dependable is now an unknown quantity. This may turn out to equal or exceed income from the old system, but we'll need the support of Oldgas enthusiasts to make it work.

The system works like this:
* If you have an eBay auction number from a posted Shop Talk topic or other source, copy and paste it into the eBay search form at the bottom (or top) of Shop Talk pages. Several words from the auction title work well in the search box also.

* Click on the "Auctions" link at the very top of most Shop Talk pages. This brings you to a page with links to auctions closing soon on eBay. These lists are filtered by Oldgas to leave out lots of junk.

* Browse eBay by searching from one of the eBay search boxes on Oldgas.com pages.

* Registrations of new eBay users from one of our links also earns us a commission. If your wife, kid or friend want to open an eBay user account of their own, have them first click on an eBay search box on Oldgas before they register. New registrations must be active bidders for over a month to qualify for a commission.

A "cookie" will record your visit to eBay started from a link on Oldgas.com. If you bid on the item during the next week and win, Oldgas.com gets a commission.

Oldgas.com does not get any commission from links to eBay that are posted within Shop Talk messages. Posting only auction numbers in messages promotes the use of the search box to access the auction that is being discussed.

Even if our eBay commission income goes down, I sincerely thank all of you who have taken the extra effort to copy and paste numbers and words into the search boxes and have used the "Right Now on eBay" links we provide.

It takes several small income sources to "keep the lights on" here on Oldgas.com. The eBay commissions have been most important. Our other income comes from direct book sales on our Gaspumps.info site, Google ads, banner ads and Amazon.com sales. Your support of these has eased my struggle to keep everything working.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is a good opportunity to tell you thanks again for a great site! I know it is lots of work for you and the moderators to keep the "peace". This is a great tool for any body in the hobby... newbie or a veteran. I also want to ad that we have oldgas.com shirts which is some income... I have mine and wear them all the time and will be wearing it at Peotone next month.
At the bottom of the page is a help link... that has some very good info. about posting pictures and so on... as long as you can stand looking at a picture of a moderator! LOL Not for the weaker stomach. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved