Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
dsmith, I think you can still add comments to the feedback, used to be able to.

Buyer returned for refund but kept part of item.

That along with your neg would explain things a lot..

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
YES, You can post follow-up comments on BOTH feedback recieved and feedback left...
Post follow up to your negative and explain it!!! It's all you can do unless you try to get feedback mutually withdrawn...

[This message has been edited by tomzcollectiblez (edited 05-08-2007).]

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
YES. Follow-up feedback comments should be entered if only to warn others of wrongdoing. Generally, a quick review of the feedback trail will show who's at fault in a transaction. Usually, the scammers or dishonest people will establish a pattern of negative feedback over time.

Unfortunately, "dsmith" was a victim of fraud. Feedback is the only way to communicate this type of problem. I wouldn't have given a full refund under similar circumstances either. However, eBay won't get involved with this type of problem because there is no proof of fraud or deception (unless there are definitive photos of before & after condition, etc).

The problem is that the eBay model is to only act as a facilitator to the transaction. They prefer to leave buyer and seller to consummate the transaction and leave appropriate feedback. eBay only wants to police the forum when it has to (i.e., when too much fraud or loss of fees are at stake). Users need to understand that eBay won't be there to settle every dispute or wrongdoing. That's why it's so important to use feedback appropriately.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I usually got a good idea how ebay works except;

Saw a pump today at 50.00 reserve not met, with one bidder. Now the bidder was listed as BIDDER 1.. so I am thinking the bid had to have exceeded 200.00

Is that true???

P
Pablo Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Yes. Here is the eBay explanation...

"User IDs will appear as anonymous names when the Buy It Now price is set at a certain level, and will remain anonymous throughout the auction."

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW....I believe 95% of this feedback problem is "communication"...First of all i don't buy much from other ebayers i don't know until i have made a careful evaluation of their prior sales,& feedback etc. etc....As a buyer i leave positive feedback (if deserved) when i recieve my purchase....if i am not happy with my purchase (which is very rare), i immediately return it to the seller i then get their contact info & give a call direct.....as a seller, i do wait for the buyer to leave feedback & make sure they are happy....if they are not (very rare)i will get it worked out......after 700 positives & 1 negative i have never been stiffed on getting my feedback from the seller.....i ask once for it & if i still don't recieve it i then send them a polite email asking if there is a problem with our transaction i would love to work it out....a very few times i have had to ask 3 times & thats where communication is very very helpful.....lets face it the other ebayers are not nearly as sophisticated as us gas & oil guys.....Good Luck 7 thanks for reading all this.........Darryl

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved