Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#114388 Thu Sep 13 2007 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good point Paul, that exactly why i'm an "UNVERIFIED" member of pay pal so it does not come out of my account, its charged to my credit card........i will not keep a balance in my pay pal account either for that reason

#114389 Thu Sep 13 2007 06:14 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
UPDATE: Thanks RoadRelic for your advice about calling the seller. I called him and he is a real, honest guy living in the USA. I have no idea why ebay says he is registered on another site and may not speak english. We had a good conversation. He was a Clark station owner when he was 21 yrs old and retired recently. He has owned 15 Corvettes and a Prowler. Interesting guy. He does have a couple other items that he will be putting up on ebay and I suggested he check out this site and offer them here first. He mentioned a visible cylinder and nozzel
I told him that he made me and others suspicious about his listing and he thanked me for the advice...this is his first ebay experience. So, if you see his stuff on ebay, he seems like a honest guy.
Thanks everyone for the advice. It does pay to pick up the phone and check it out, clear up any misunderstandings.
John

------------------
Wanted: Original Jenny Gas, Husky and Frontier Globes

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
#114390 Thu Sep 13 2007 06:59 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Vermonter.. does not the fact thata guy had 3 corvettes per year for his first 5 years of driving sound a bit odd.. and are tghere still Clark stations??

JMO but my takle on it is he is telling you what you want to hear.

Tell him youy know someone nearby wants to make on offer on the cylinder.. they will never get together to view if it is something they never had..

To me , I would not be convinced..JMO..

#114391 Thu Sep 13 2007 07:07 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Dodogas: The guy is in his 60s, and has 15 corvettes in his life. He is a chevy nut, like some guys on here.
I talked to him, hes just a nice guy new at ebay. I would like to know why ebay says he is registered on a different site and may not know english. Anyone else know why?

------------------
Wanted: Original Jenny Gas, Husky and Frontier Globes

#114392 Thu Sep 13 2007 07:19 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
sorry about the double post. Guess I double clicked, but cant get rid of one cause Im not an administrator.
John

#114393 Fri Sep 14 2007 03:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i see he got feedback from the other Clark Globe transaction............I am not sure what you're refering to when you say

{"I would like to know why ebay says he is registered on a different site and may
not know english. Anyone else know why?"}

I must have missed something.

------------------
http://www.roadrelics.com

#114394 Fri Sep 14 2007 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've heard a couple of times on here that people prefer to pay with PayPal using their credit card instead of their bank account. We had an issue a few months ago in which we paid PayPal using our bank account. The seller never shipped the item. We filed a claim with PayPal to which he never responded. We got our money back no problem. Just our experience with it.
Tara

#114395 Fri Sep 14 2007 02:52 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Tara,
Sounds like you had a good experience with PayPal. However, there are limits to the PayPal coverage. I don't know the value of the item that you never received but many Old Gassers purchase high dollar items, some for several thousand dollars. In the case of fraud or non-performance, sometimes the only recourse may be the credit card company. Some Old Gassers have never recovered their payments when paying through a bank account. Again, I'm glad to hear PayPal worked for you.

#114396 Fri Sep 14 2007 05:38 PM
V
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
V
Roadrelics: To answer you question, when I emailed the seller through ebay a red warning came up that said "This member is registered through another site and may not speak English. Are you sure you want to send the message" or words to that effect.
I have little experience on ebay and wonder what this means. The seller is in Chicago, so I have no idea why it said this.
John

#114397 Fri Sep 14 2007 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i never expierenced this lanquage thing on ebay before so i don't know about it, however i am going thru Chicago on Sunday evening & could look at it, if he wanted to meet me near the 80-90 toll way....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved