Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey KZ1000---Beingin the majority doesn't always make you right. And just becasue someone didn't email you saying they disagree doesn't mean the majority feels that way. I think Tom is a straight shooter. Biggest mistake was to not check the "item is no longer for sale" option. Many items on ebay are listed that they are for sale in another venue. Ebay is not like a traditional auction where the item is there. Ebay does allow for people to change their minds about how or when they sell. Even if you are the high bidder, ebay cannot force the seller (or the buyer) to complete the sale.

Dissapointing??? Yes. Life changing?? Nope. When I was selling on ebay more I used to get one to three offers a week to end auctions early outside of ebay.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good for you, I get them all the time too, I just delete them. I am a man of my word

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Online Cool
My experience with Tom is that he is a stand-up guy. He did check the wrong box when ending the auction and didn't choose accurate words when he said it was "buy it now."

He offered it for sale prior to eBay and followed through on that deal. That is allowed on eBay. We all see auctions ended early and it is frustrating for us buyers. But the item owner has the call to sell at another venue or not within the rules.

Let's not beat up on a fellow member of the Oldgas.com Shop Talk community because he didn't do it the way you prefer. What he did was legal and is a fairly common practice. Let's complain about real problems like repros offered as original and stuff like that.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved